2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SXT wheels on SRT-4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avolow
2GN Registrant

Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: SXT wheels on SRT-4 Reply with quote

OK, I know this may seem like a bit of a step backward, but I need to know if the 7 spoke SXT wheels from my 05 will fit on my 04 SRT-4.

My 05 SXT motor self destructed on me, as luck would have it right after putting new tires on. This morning I discovered a rather large tear on the inside sidewall of one of my SRT-4's front tires. bandhead Seeing as I shot my wad replacing the 05 with my new (to me) 04 SRT-4, I am in a pickle and cant afford new tires.

I have looked in the search and the FAQs. They are full of info and recommendations for upgrading to 17s, but not much help for downgrading to 15. Closest I could find is one of them said some 15 will fit some wont, but nothing specific.

Will the 7 spokes fit? If not will stock steel 15 fit? Just need to get by for a few months till I can get some things sold and build up a little cash for some proper tires.

Thanks all,

Avolow.

http://home.comcast.net/~avolow/Charger/1970DodgeCharger.htm
1970 Dodge Charger
1970 VW Bug
1990 VW Cabrio
2004 Dodge SRT-4
2005 Dodge Neon SXT
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest issue is if they clear the front brake calipers, possibly rear?

If all fails, just use one on the rear if they don't fit the front. I would keep the better rubber up front, as there is more load/stress up front. Think of it as a space saver spare, that can go beyond 50 miles... Only having one different tire might not create as many problems as mis matched sizes front to rear.

All you can do is get your hands dirty and see if they clear, unless someone speaks up sooner. Around here anymore, the former might get you an answer faster.

Edit: If the tear is from old age, then you might not want to run the other three either. The SXT wheels might fit with spacers, provided you have enough stud length for what's required.

In the end, if you have credit, charge the new tires and pay a little each pay until they are payed for. A bit of debt is better than injury or death, to you or someone else, that might result in you being sued.

I'm not ashamed to say I have done just that to get snow tires. Financing is cheap insurance.

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
Moved: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:56 am by occasional demons
From Engine to Wheels / Tires
fixit
2GN Registrant

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they'll rub on the front calipers -- a small spacer is needed
sidepipe87
boom! roasted!
2009 Silver Contributor

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3-5mm spacer is needed to clear front calipers, correct.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Wheels / Tires All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: