2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Sacramento!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dk01RT
Fresh Fish

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Hello from Sacramento! Reply with quote

I have a 2001 Neon R/T. My father had originally bought the car brand new from the dealership and intended it to be a track car. After I graduated H.S. this was the car I managed to talk him into giving me for a graduation present. The car currently (8/30/15) has just under 43k miles on it. Upgraded parts I know of include platinum disc brakes, AEM cold air intake, some type of performance chip (?? apparently this helps the car run higher octane fuels, it recommends 91 on the inside of the gasoline refill cap) and lastly a non-stock exhaust, dual tip muffler which I think is wider than the stock ones.

Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello2 Another rust-free CA Neon. I'm jealous. Very Happy
Dk01RT
Fresh Fish

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to do some work to the sunroof which I happened to try to use on the freeway at about 70mph, and need a new motor and rail for the whole system because it's broken now. Do you happen to know if it'd be cheaper for me to fix it myself or get it done by someone?
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a TSB (technical service bulletin) on that a few years back (Chrysler doesn't recommend having the sunroof open at speeds greater than 70 MPH). Mine was still under warranty so it was repaired at the dealership so I don't know what I would have been charged if I had paid for the work myself.

You will probably need a sunroof slide repair kit (Mopar part 5174865AA) which, last that I knew, are on factory backorder. PM thepowertowin- he might be able to find one for you.
theColonel
Older 'n Dirt
2011 Silver Contributor

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking car thumbup

1952 Chevrolet Stylene Sport Coupe
2005 Dodge SRT-4
Dk01RT
Fresh Fish

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...
Quote:
There was a TSB (technical service bulletin) on that a few years back (Chrysler doesn't recommend having the sunroof open at speeds greater than 70 MPH). Mine was still under warranty so it was repaired at the dealership so I don't know what I would have been charged if I had paid for the work myself.

You will probably need a sunroof slide repair kit (Mopar part 5174865AA) which, last that I knew, are on factory backorder. PM thepowertowin- he might be able to find one for you.

My god father works high up in Chrysler and I'm sure I'd be able to find the part, but I might as well PM thepowertowin when I can afford to replace the part! Thanks for your help! This is how I feel right now: slap bandhead
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself! All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: