2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help electrical

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Watxr
n00b

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Need help electrical Reply with quote

Not sure where to post this issue since there's no electrical section.

I got a car for free awhile ago, Fixed it, Now its registered. There's one last issue with the car and I would just like to confirm it here. Due to my inexperience I really don't want to buy a part, just to half to return it.

I went and got some new wipers for it. Tried to use them make sure there were no issues, They didn't turn on. Never had to use them as the car has been in the garage all winter. Turned out the fuse was missing. Went and got a new 20amp fuse for it. And now they won't stop going. Its one speed, Does not matter what position. Even if I hit mist, They'll start going contentiously again. I referred to the SRT4forums service manuals, only detailed manual I know of.

WIPERS WILL OPERATE CONTINUOUSLY WITH
THE SWITCH IN THE INTERMITTENT POSITION -
WHEN WIPER SWITCH IS TURNED OFF, WIPERS
STOP WHEREVER THEY ARE WITHOUT
RETURNING TO PARK POSITION. ( Mine don't stop when you turn the switch to the off position. But this was the only diagnosis that I could find that somewhat fit my situation. )

(1) Check at terminal 1 of the motor for a good
ground.

(2) Turn ignition switch OFF. Disconnect the wiper
switch harness connector. Using an ohmmeter with
the motor in the park position, check for continuity
between terminal 2 of the wiper switch harness connector
(Fig. 5) and terminal 1 of the motor. If continuity,
replace wiper switch. If no continuity, repair
wiring as necessary.

K, Well step 1, ground was 1.4ohms. Step 2, I had continuity between the wiper motor ground and wiper switch ground read 1.5 ohms. This leads me to believe faulty wiper switch. I have no issues with my headlights or dash lights, Like other post say. The connectors are not melted at all.

Sorry for the long post. I just really want to make sure this is my problem and not possibly a loose ground. If you got any advice feel free to post.
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.2gn.org/viewforum.php?f=7

I would say if the wipers stop when the switch connector is unplugged, it would be the switch.

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
Watxr
n00b

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

occasional demons wrote:
http://forum.2gn.org/viewforum.php?f=7

I would say if the wipers stop when the switch connector is unplugged, it would be the switch.
They do stop when i unplug the switch connector. I'll replace it and see how it goes. Thanks

I'll post in that section next time, sorry
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big issue. I will move this to electrical. thumbup

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Engine All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: