2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Traction in my SRT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DylWrightSRT
boost enthusiast
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Traction in my SRT Reply with quote

Hello guys,

I currently have a basically stock srt, aem cold air with a trinity tune, it hits 15 and peaks at 18. I CANNOT do a good launch on this tune at all, I have nice tires and everything but I'm new to the srt/boost in general. Second gear even slips up the tires pretty well. I know I need motor mounts, what's some other good id as to help traction, some good wheels/tires used to get good hook for launch?

Ok did some research, I'm getting new mounts soon, but I am curious what everyone else uses wheel and tire size wise? Offset etc.? I kind of want to stay 17"
NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first saw the title of this thread, I was thinking this must be a 2003 SRT.
Seems I was wrong.

If you have this issue with a 2004, then it's a 'nice problem to have'. Smile
(I am assuming your transmission has never been replaced and still has the original limited-slip diff ??)

- Nick
-2001 Ddg. ES with ATX = UDP and Magnum header...Syked PCM 'pending'.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DylWrightSRT
boost enthusiast
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a stock trans replaced at 86k so it's got around 65k on it. I have a aem cold air intake and a trinity tuner with the octane tune hitting 15-18psi right now. It's not getting traction on launches at all. I contacted a few srt "builders" two of the three said the same thing "motor mounts need replaced then think about your suspension set up." I'm going to get DCR mount kit and BC coilovers. Should help if not take care of the problem completely. And yes lol everyone says it's a good problem.... But I don't like it for the simple fact I'm running lower 0-60s than I did stock. Still beating anyone areoung here lol I just take off slowly and watch them get excited then zoom on by. But again it is a replaced trans out of an 05' my cars an 04. My motor mounts are pretty shot so I'm going with that :/
fixit
2GN Registrant

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need a few things..

1 fill your stock mounts with 3m window weld.. make sure to let it dry for a couple of days before using..

2 replace lower control arm bushings with sold.. moog problem solver (get the arms from rock auto ~$57 ea)

3 get good tires and sticky tires, kdw2 have treadware ~300

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/tires/bfgoodrich/product/submitProductSize.do;jsessionid=dUC61LgDic0w9Wy2cB+1MA__.dtc305?r=TWEINT%7Cpc%7C78250&pc=38272
DylWrightSRT
boost enthusiast
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thankyou very mucn. Mounts are cared for im getting DCR mounts next week. Ill take care of my arms and get different tires Smile
shifted92
n00b

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DylWrightSRT wrote:
Well thankyou very mucn. Mounts are cared for im getting DCR mounts next week. Ill take care of my arms and get different tires Smile

How's the set up man and which tires did you go with? One guy here asking for any recommendation on tires with better traction, he's looking at those BFG and Toyo tires.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Wheels / Tires All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: