2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Raising the ride height on 05 sxt??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Brakes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MustardTiger250
n00b

Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Raising the ride height on 05 sxt?? Reply with quote

I'm working on an offroad build for my sxt and i'm wondering if there is a way I can raise the ride height so I can stuff some bigger rubber on the car without having to cut the fenders.
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SRT struts will gain you a small amount of lift, as the spring perches are a bit higher to accommodate the taller tires.

Tires any taller, and you will need to go with coil overs, otherwise you will just rub on the spring perch. - The fenders are not the only thing in the way of taller tires.

Other than that, the upper mount wells could be cut and lowered, or spacers added between the strut mount and the top of the well, and the crossmember spaced lower to keep the geometry intact, on the front. the rear would be more involved, but not impossible.

If this is an MTX car, you might also consider a a 3.94 final drive from an R/T to regain some power. Taller tires are going to kill your engine/clutch, even more so on rougher terrain than asphalt. Even an N/A 2.4 swap has it's limits.

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
cryconeon
Fresh Fish

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess PT springs will give you lift, I read some where about a guys neon ralley build.. he used PT springs in the front and not the back because neons are so high in the ass stock.
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rear PT springs wouldn't work anyways.

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Brakes All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: