2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radiator Support Assembly Dodge Neon 2002 SXT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
urizen666
n00b

Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Radiator Support Assembly Dodge Neon 2002 SXT Reply with quote

Hello group!

I got into a rear end with another car (not my fault) and I wanted to know if anybody knows or has experience in replacing the Support Assembly. I want to know if it is weld or just a bolt on work. I can get the assembly and a new radiator but I really will be thank full for any tips and advice that any members may have on the subject
THX
INVUJerry
UNO MOD!
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a weld in job. You have to drill out a bunch of spot welds and then weld the new support in.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INVUJerry wrote:
It's a weld in job. You have to drill out a bunch of spot welds and then weld the new support in.

This. IIRC, Eastwood sells a spot weld drill tool. They are not cheap tho.

Being a uni-body car, I wouldn't bolt it back in, even as tempting as it sounds for future maintenance needs.

I bolted the one on my Raider, but that is a body on frame vehicle, so there isn't nearly the structural value there.

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
urizen666
n00b

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question, the only damage that I seen is on the upper tie bar of the radiator support, do I have to change the entire Radiator assembly or just change upper support tie bar? and is it still a welded part?
thank you!
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can replace just the tie bar, but it is still a welded part.

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Engine All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: