2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2004 RT Intake Bellows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yellowbugger
n00b

Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: 2004 RT Intake Bellows Reply with quote

Hi all,

Great site. I've searched around and not found anything too descriptive, so here goes. My RT's previous owner evidently removed the insert from the intake bellows. As such, I have no idea what the insert was made of or how big it should be. I'm tempted to take some aluminum roof flashing, roll it up into a cylinder and put some screws through it to hold it in place, then insert it in the bellows.

As it is now, the bellows collapses and will likely destroy itself in no time.

I'd like to keep the bellows as it will likely move a couple inches in any direction, IMHO. Would a non RT replacement from the junkyard work?

Thanks!

Red
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is you can take the insert from a standard bellows and put it into your R/T (Magnum) bellows.

Obviously, as you can see, that was a dumb move. The insert in addition to keeping it from collapsing, also keeps the inside smoother for better air flow.

I haven't checked, but I would bet the Magnum bellows is probably not available (new) anymore.

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
yellowbugger
n00b

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

occasional demons wrote:
My guess is you can take the insert from a standard bellows and put it into your R/T (Magnum) bellows.

Obviously, as you can see, that was a dumb move. The insert in addition to keeping it from collapsing, also keeps the inside smoother for better air flow.

I haven't checked, but I would bet the Magnum bellows is probably not available (new) anymore.

Thanks for the response!

I pulled it apart and it has 4 rings which are supposed to pop into the bellows. The rings had all come out of their grooves. I placed them back in their grooves and am hoping for the best. It appears that I can get a factory item for about $80, which spells junkyard to me.

Thanks again,

Red
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Engine All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: