2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2000 plymouth neon starter problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
00slyneon
n00b

Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: 2000 plymouth neon starter problems Reply with quote

hi everyone. my starter died on me a couple of weeks ago. i replaced it with a used one out of a junkyard. no problem then it died the same way the first one did. so i bought a brand new one. and a few days later bam same thing thing. now it doesn't want to kick the engine over the only thing it does is pop the solenoid out but doesn't spin. they all did it. I checked the battery and it was good . replaced it anyways. and got a new relay. battery cables are fine. no corrosion. and there is 12.6 volts at the starter. so im completely stumped. anyone have any experience with this problem or something similar?
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check the ground from the block to the battery?

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
Matt LaClear
Fresh Fish

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure you need at least 12.25 volts measured across the battery terminals to get the starter to turn over. Will be simple enough to check and cross off the list if it isn't the culprit. Good luck with it.
Dillmiester
2GN Registrant

2000 Plymouth Neon LX

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a problem with mine not starting one day, had to get it towed and ended up being the neutral safety connector that was unplugged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Engine All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: