2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HID kit - stock headlights

View previous topic :: View next topic  
00slyneon
n00b

Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: HID kit - stock headlights Reply with quote

I have heard that hid bulbs will melt a stock headlight lens. Whether it factory or aftermarket, they will melt the plastic. Except for actual projector. This is something I heard but I can't find anything on here. I searched. So anyone have used hid kits with stock headlights? Any input or experiences would be greatly appreciated.
blueneo03
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never use HIDs in a Halogen housing, the style of bulb is very different and use of the hids will scatter light in every direction. if you want HIDs, get projector headlights which are designed to focus and contain the light and not blind other drivers so you wont have to worry about any problems with those.

I have Ebay projector housings and 5000k Hids, i love them but do need to re-aim them since lowering the car.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #61

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxt Sold
2014 Durango R/T Hemi (the wife's)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Exterior All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: