2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2004 - Black Betty

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DraganTine
n00b

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: 2004 - Black Betty Reply with quote

Hello,

I just got a 2004 Neon (Black Betty)

Shes not too bad for the deal I got 63K cold air decent shape overall - sunroof / paint issues - all for 1600 Very Happy

So Im here to look around for ideas and help

Sunroof wont open all the way motor grinds/clicks

Paint aaaaa Ill find a cheap'o paint shop to blast the top

DT
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 2004 - Black Betty Reply with quote

Welcome! Glad that you found us and immediately posted a pic of your Neon.
DraganTine wrote:
Sunroof wont open all the way motor grinds/clicks

Mopar issued Technical Service Bulletin 23-049-04 REV. A on 12-15-04 about problems with our car's sunroofs venting but not opening or closing. I'm not sure if this is the same problem that you're having though.

I had mine repaired on 9-8-07 and the invoice states: "Cable connected to sunroof frame broke because sunroof got off track and cable only serviced as part of frame assembly." The warrany repair required Slide Kit 23064282. Two years ago, I bought the last two repair kits that Locator (Mopar's parts inventory system) showed as available so there is a good possibility that there aren't any more new ones left. Of those two, I've already used one when I had a new sunroof glass installed in 2016.
DraganTine
n00b

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep,

Thanks for the welcome and info -

I have rust on the sunroof glass gunna remove and clean the metal and reseal the weatherstripping saw a video on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krpc8gWcSnU

and blew out the drain holes - I still wanna know where the drain holes lead to drivers side mostly I see it goes down the A pillar but where exits...

Thanks Again

DT
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that I could have done that with the rust on the frame of my OEM glass but I went and bought a new one instead (sold my OEM one on eBay).
DraganTine wrote:
...I still wanna know where the drain holes lead to drivers side mostly I see it goes down the A pillar but where exits...

http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=59820
BlackRoseRacing
1st ever DD SC 2GN!
2009 Platinum Contributor

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's actually drain holes down both the A pillars and towards the back D pillars Shocked
I've got my 02 RT torn apart and there's four drains. Hopefully none of yours are blocked! The front ones seem to be easy to clear
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself! All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: