MPx 60MM Throttle Body ***Large Pictures*** DYNO Results!

Did you buy a part and think it was awesome, or did you think it was a piece of crap? Let everyone know here so we know not to buy the same product.
Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

MPx 60MM Throttle Body ***Large Pictures*** DYNO Results!

Post by Diablo0 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:32 pm

Received it today in the mail and it was installed ASAP!!!!

First let’s talk about the build quality of the product... its FANTASTIC!!! Everything is perfectly made; I can't find a flaw in it. All the bolt holes line up perfectly. The IAC and TPS bolt up great as if the TB was a stock item. The guides for the throttle cable and cruise control don't rub the cables so there is no worry about a cable slipping off or wearing. Basically, everything about this TB is awesome, when I opened the box it was amazed at the quality and just kept look it over to see if there is anything to improve but so far haven't seen anything.

Now let’s talk about the install... The install is very strait forward, and just to make sure everyone is aware, this will not work with your stock airbox. Install time took no less then 45min mainly due to some problems I was having getting my intake tube out. With the install I was NOT REQUIRED to cut or grind anything down to make fit so everything bolts right up with no problems. Also... it does fit the AEM intake, you just have to use some elbow grease to get the fittings over the TB, but it is possible, just takes some umpf

After install test drive impressions... lets just say there is a big difference...a BIG difference. The throttle sensitivity is unreal, from a stop if I give it just the slightest bit of gas I get thrown into the seat and I find myself spinning my tires every time at a stop. Going around corners it's has so much more power coming out of the turn it's great, no more bogging down, you just give it a little big of gas and you're off. There is still a whistle from the intake like you have with the stock TB but it doesn't bother me in the least. Secondaries seem a bit louder but there isn't a huge difference in sound. It does pull much faster to redline that’s for sure.

It's definitely a MUST HAVE mod that you will notice a big difference with.

Now everyone is going to say... numbers... gotta see numbers... blah blah blah.. on October 24th I have made plans to have my car dyno'd and at that time I have requested to be able to test each TB to see what the gains are and as of right now they are fine with me doing that. So within this month expect to see dyno results if all goes well.

Update: Dyno Results... http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?p=22844#22844

Now onto the pictures....

Before..

After...

Last edited by Diablo0 on Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

Kernel Panic
2GN Member

Post by Kernel Panic » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:46 am

Looks great! From what you describe is pretty much the same effect that I had with my LFS TB. The cable seems to be a bit beefer than the LFS TB. But that polish job is definitely blinging..
The weasels are closing in, I can smell the ugly brutes..
When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.. - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson (1937-2005)

Greg
2001 Magnum equipped Neon ES
My website

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:27 pm

Update: On the first test drive I mistakenly had Traction Control on. With the Traction Control on I did still spin tires but obviously the system kicked in very fast and stopped the spinning. Today I went out for another drive and this time I truned the Traction control off, when I did that nearly every time I took off I spun tires enough to have to let off the gas because I would have spun right through first gear. Compared to my stock TB I could spin my tires but the engine would bogg down very fast and would result in me creeping through first gear.
-Jason
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

Kevin_GP
2GN Member

Post by Kevin_GP » Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:13 pm

Awesome, that looks great, that will be my next mod within the next few months. Thanks for writing up a review.

Hypnoticcyclone
n00b

Post by Hypnoticcyclone » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:09 pm

On the very last picture the thing with the bolts holding it to the top, is that the IAC? I have a 60mm TB and I need a new IAC I think but I got a new one for stock applications and it doesnt fit... Am I just a tard and looking at the wrong thing? I know where all the big things go in engines easy but sensors confuse me.

Or maybe that isnt even the problem.... Any suggestions?

P0508 Idle Control System Circuit Low Generic OBDII Code

Stonebender
2GN Member

Post by Stonebender » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:13 pm

That thing is gorgeous. I will have one soon. In silver.

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:12 pm

Hypnoticcyclone wrote:On the very last picture the thing with the bolts holding it to the top, is that the IAC? I have a 60mm TB and I need a new IAC I think but I got a new one for stock applications and it doesnt fit... Am I just a tard and looking at the wrong thing? I know where all the big things go in engines easy but sensors confuse me.

Yup, that would be the IAC

Not sure about your code though sorry :?
-Jason

italrt
2GN Member

Post by italrt » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:29 pm

Diablo0 wrote:
Hypnoticcyclone wrote:On the very last picture the thing with the bolts holding it to the top, is that the IAC? I have a 60mm TB and I need a new IAC I think but I got a new one for stock applications and it doesnt fit... Am I just a tard and looking at the wrong thing? I know where all the big things go in engines easy but sensors confuse me.

Yup, that would be the IAC

Not sure about your code though sorry :?
lorenzo's 60mm TB threw a code on 03+ neons as well (if that's what you're driving)... ask dvgRT... I don't think he or Lorenzo could ever figure out what was the problem.

On another note, these new TBs look sweet and by the sounds of it perform great too. I've had Lorenzo's on since June and noticed the same effects that Jason described above. Whichever one you go for you won't regret it -- 2 great pieces by 2 great manufacturers.

Hats off to both Modern and Lorenzo for providing us with great neon products and service.

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:37 pm

Hypnoticcyclone, I'm assuming you have the Lorenzo TB but just to make sure, do you have the Modern or Lorenzo TB? Just curious to know if the Modern TB is showing the same CEL issue the Lorenzo TB is showing.
-Jason

ram50rocket
2GN Member

Post by ram50rocket » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:47 pm

Great, now I have to decide :roll: Is the mpx truly 60mm?
89 Ram50 engine swap???
05 SRT-4 deburred
02 ACR, R.I.P. thx 4 nothin Insurance Co.
00 ES traded in 4 ACR
titansxt wrote:I hear the whats it called, Dodge Neon, is a good car.
you could probably go get your "umadbro" polished up to make it look like a new comeback again

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:47 pm

I didn't physically measure it since I was to excited and wanted to get it installed... I'm going to the dyno this weekend so maybe if I have some time I'll take a quick measurement unless you just want to PM cory on the ORG or SRTforums (modernceo)
-Jason

grindpunk16
2GN Member

Post by grindpunk16 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:22 pm

cory said that they recieved no codes on the non magnum car. but when i asked him about the magnum car he never responded to me (03+)

^^^^
Michael vs Prince fights

We all know who won

To slow for you Forum member #001
lambostealth wrote:Please ditch the lip, pretty please, makes baby jesus cry... :cry:

Hypnoticcyclone
n00b

Post by Hypnoticcyclone » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:12 pm

I have a 2002 neon. I dont know what the problem is though. I just realized I have a B.M. I guess Throttle Body. Bought it used friends doesnt remember the brand. On the side in big letters it says B.M.

My computer is messin up and wont let me load my pictures from the DigiCam. I took off the IAC AGAIN and still dont see how the IAC sensor I have can fit where it is suppose to go.

Just to make sure once again the IAC is the silver thing on top of the throttle body not the little black thing on the side right? The Sensor I have looks nothing like either of those anyways.

lethalp1mp
2GN Member

Post by lethalp1mp » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:24 am

That's the Lorenzo TB. You can see pics here: http://www.lfsracing.com/tbpics.html

The black sensor on the side is the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS), the silver one on top is the Idle Air Controller (IAC). If yours does not look like the pics above, you may have the 2000 IAC, which reqires an adapter for the Lorenzo TB.
2002 Black Neon R/T - Turbo + MegaSquirt
2010 White Chevy Malibu LT - DD

Hypnoticcyclone
n00b

Post by Hypnoticcyclone » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:58 pm

Thats what I thought my sensor still looks nothing like that. Im looking for pictures of sensors so I can see if the guy gave me the right one. Cant find them at the moment still looking.

iregret
n00b

Post by iregret » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:25 pm

How would this work with a CF turbo setup? Still worth the investment? Sorry for bringing this back from the dead...

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:43 pm

It'll work the same as the stock TB but better, I'd say it's deffentially worth the investment since it'll get rid of a decent size bottle neck in the intake system.
-Jason

LCPLPunk
2GN Member

Question

Post by LCPLPunk » Sun May 15, 2005 9:51 pm

I thought 60mm TB's were supposed to be too big for 2k's?

From what i've read i thought 55-58mm was a good size to get?
2001 Neon R/T
Deyeme Motor Mounts, Booger Bushings, JohnnyMopar Cradle Bushings, SRT Silver shift knob, Maddog STS, SRT Rear Seat, K&N WAI, Magnecore Wires, Mobil 1 Full Synthetic Oil, Coil pack heat shield
""The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone" - Harriet Beecher Stowe"

fusion210
2GN Member

Re: Question

Post by fusion210 » Mon May 16, 2005 3:08 am

LCPLPunk wrote:I thought 60mm TB's were supposed to be too big for 2k's?

From what i've read i thought 55-58mm was a good size to get?
The bigger the better until you run into drivability issues.
There is some figures on numbers that are 'good enough' but that doesn't mean you can't go bigger for a little gain.

05srt4clone
2GN Member

Post by 05srt4clone » Mon May 16, 2005 4:07 am

Hey diablo is your car a stick or auto?
06 GMC Canyon Crew Cab Inline 5
Brainstorming mods
06 Toyota Corolla S
Wife's Car- Gas Saver

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Mon May 16, 2005 5:42 am

It's and R/T so it HAS to be stick (MTX) since R/Ts only came in MTX
-Jason

J-Villa
2GN Veteran

Post by J-Villa » Mon May 16, 2005 6:46 am

hey how comes you have two throttle cables??!?! i only have one on my mpx
Wanna Sell Me Your 2gn??
Official I sold my Neon Member #004

tamadrumr88
2GN Member

Post by tamadrumr88 » Mon May 16, 2005 3:50 pm

the one closer to the t/b is cruise control. if you dont have that you only use the outter cable thing which is ofcourse the throttle

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Wed May 18, 2005 6:37 am

lol

Baal
2GN Member

Post by Baal » Wed May 18, 2005 7:15 pm

how about idle? apparently it has very different passages to idle than the stock TB
Rally Neon Mod List:
2.5 direct exhaust, PVC CAI, PT clutch, Crane 14, 5point seats & harnesses, 8 point FIA roll cage, AF/X race ecu, Dropzone coilovers, Hotchkis swaybars, Crane valve springs, Autogage 5" tach shiftlite, .020" head shaving, custom long tube header, wilwood 12" Big Brake Kit.

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Wed May 18, 2005 7:38 pm

Car idles exactly the same as it did with the stock TB.
-Jason

Sean R/T
2GN Member

Re: MPx 60MM Throttle Body ***Large Pictures***

Post by Sean R/T » Wed May 18, 2005 8:51 pm

Diablo0 wrote:.. on October 24th I have made plans to have my car dyno'd and at that time I have requested to be able to test each TB to see what the gains are and as of right now they are fine with me doing that. So within this month expect to see dyno results if all goes well.

Did you ever end up dynoing the car?
-97 Plymouth Neon ACR (DOHC Coupe)
-04 Dodge Neon R/T

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Wed May 18, 2005 9:05 pm

Was afraid someone was going to see that :lol:... I did dyno my car but b/c the silicon couplers are on VERY tight (if you have an MPx TB and an AEM intake, you can relate) and was unable to swap the TB back to stock. This weekend actually I will be going back up for another dyno day and with any luck if everyone isn't fighting for timeI hope to be able to finally swap the TB and get some dyno results. I have bought extra couplers since then so I shouldn't run into any issues... if... everyone gives me 5min to swap the TB over.

We'll see, if I get it dyno'd I'll be absolutely sure to post up the results!
-Jason

05srt4clone
2GN Member

Post by 05srt4clone » Wed May 18, 2005 9:06 pm

Git-R-Done!
06 GMC Canyon Crew Cab Inline 5
Brainstorming mods
06 Toyota Corolla S
Wife's Car- Gas Saver

Sean R/T
2GN Member

Post by Sean R/T » Wed May 18, 2005 9:28 pm

Diablo0 wrote:I did dyno my car