Any reason to keep the resonating chamber on intake?

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
RainbowWrench
2GN Member

Any reason to keep the resonating chamber on intake?

Post by RainbowWrench » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:10 am

Is there any reason to leave the resonating chamber behind the bumper on the drivers side ? It seems that a previous owner didn't mind their parking and the surface to which the box is affixed, is bent, having left the bottom bracket crushed mostly off.
I do a lot of highway driving, 80-90 mph (but you know how those curves slingshot you) mostly around 35 to 40 mins at a time. Feeling the intake without the box , I notice the car is happy, but maybe too rambunctious at times.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RainbowWrench :idea:

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Re: Any reason to keep the resonating chamber on intake?

Post by JeremyJ » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:39 pm

There's no issue with removing it. However, if you find the car to be "rambunctious" without it, I think your butt dyno is the most sensitive one ever encountered.
02 base -> 05 SRT ACR -> 96 sedan -> 99 R/T coupe -> 02 R/T -> 03 SRT

RainbowWrench
2GN Member

Post by RainbowWrench » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:54 pm

I figured out a few things that were askew , now it seems pretty solid. I've had a low oil pressure light on idle or low rpm, and after that was inadvertently solved via another repair, I get a p1282 , my check engine light only comes on after some time of driving, my down stream O² sensor (gonna try to solder new wires to the pins in the connector. ), battery recently removed, and AC (I removed the clutch relay, fuse, and wires.

So if I thought any change were noticed in regards to performance, it would be sheerly due to the lack of seals/gasket contact on the intake manifold to block surface.

RainbowWrench
2GN Member

Post by RainbowWrench » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:02 am

Best to remove this , lest ye flood yer 4bang inline.

Return to “General 2nd Gen Discussion”