upcoming mods feedback

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
OB
Former Moderator

upcoming mods feedback

Post by OB » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:05 am

I have a small list of basic mods i wanna do soon, and im still working out the order of operations for them. after thinking everyday for months about how i should go about doing things, ive come up with some questions and problems that i need to address before buying anything. all of these mods can affect the way the others work and i need help deciding what to do first and so on.

mods (in no particular order):

18x7" wheels and tires w/ wheel spacers
spring + struts (or coilovers) for about 1.5" drop
mopar lip kit
big straight thru muffler

Ive figured that it would be best to go with the lip kit before anything, cuz its gonna lower the cars clearance, and alter the way the exhaust will exit in the rear. Then would come the suspension, followed by either the exhaust or the wheels/tires. I know its a good idea not to do exhaust stuff before lowering a car due to clearance issues, and obviously body mods are gonna effect that as well. my point is, what is my best bet for getting everything to work and look its best? price isnt an issue. thanks lots
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

LCPLPunk
2GN Member

Post by LCPLPunk » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:37 am

erm..

Eibach Pro's are pretty good for drops.

U can get some SRT Rims with newer tires for probably 4-500 bucks.

As far as exhaust, get either the SRT system or R/T dual exhaust. U can get either one of those for about $75...
2001 Neon R/T
Deyeme Motor Mounts, Booger Bushings, JohnnyMopar Cradle Bushings, SRT Silver shift knob, Maddog STS, SRT Rear Seat, K&N WAI, Magnecore Wires, Mobil 1 Full Synthetic Oil, Coil pack heat shield
""The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone" - Harriet Beecher Stowe"

nodestiny
2GN Member

Post by nodestiny » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:47 am

SRT system - noise and requires custom cuts in bumper. R/T dual = almost too quiet and requires cuts in the bumper. A strait through can be had for around the same price without having to cut anything out (just doesnt look as purdy).

Id be carefull with those larger wheels. Your ride quality will suck unless you really spend the money on the right everything else (tires, struts, etc.). Also, the weight will take off a couple .X from the 1/4 mile, if you care. Just a warning. I am going to do 16's myself as 17s are a hair larger than i want to go for optimal ride quality mixed with performance, but the style of my car is not priority.

Springs/struts should be a good priority. Depending on what you want to go with. Obviously you want larger tires/rims so jumping to the SRT-4 struts would be wise. You can pick up a used set of all 4 in great condition for around $150-250 easily on srtforums (as i did, think $140+SH for 3K miles on stock ones, were in PERFECT condition on arrival). I plan to gut them and do the koni inserts later down the line. Then, get whatever SRT-4 lowering springs. Base line neon lowering springs work fine, but will give the car a slight raise. Doesnt look bad, just isnt as low as you probably would want.

Lip kit... If installed right, looks great. But i have seen dealerships install them their best and they look kinda cheesey. Might consider saving up for a good kit like the Kaminari :D Love that kit.
NoDestiny: 2004 SXT Silver MTx: CAI, Mag Intake, Mag header, Custom made mufflers, Grounding kit, Mopar STS, boogers, Eibach springs, Rear SRT4 struts, 29mm + 24mm hotchkis sways, MPx UPD, Street Prothane MM, P-werks rear strut tower bar, Lots of fun goodies inside, see WWW

dblsg
2GN Veteran

Re: upcoming mods feedback

Post by dblsg » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:05 am

orangeblastsxt wrote: price isnt an issue.
get a better car :lol:
Image Sam-I-Am
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000046
Diablo0 wrote: "eh... your opinion doesn't matter... I'm doing what I want..."

lilolneon
2GN Member

Post by lilolneon » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:31 am

i have the full SRT exhaust setup, sounds nice, a tad noisy when u get to aroudn 60-65 mph, nothin to bad, flip on some tunes and u wont even notice it :lol:
2003 Atlantic Blue SE (R.I.P. 03-06)
2003 Black SXT (R.I.P. 06-14)
2007 Silver Civic LX Coupe

rice_eater
2GN Member

Re: upcoming mods feedback

Post by rice_eater » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:29 am

dblsg wrote:
orangeblastsxt wrote: price isnt an issue.
get a better car :lol:
hahahahahah lol

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:20 am

lol yeah yeah. i guess im one of the only people on here who actually likes my neon. im not rich, but im sure not dumb enough to have a family of my own and throw all my money away yet, not before i do the things in life that make me happy, like building cars and shit. i cant exactly afford an srt4, but the neon does the job for now, good all around car and plenty quick enough for my tastes. someday ill get a viper
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

dblsg
2GN Veteran

Post by dblsg » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:37 pm

orangeblastsxt wrote:lol yeah yeah. i guess im one of the only people on here who actually likes my neon.
i don't thing anybody here has seen your neon.... we can't like what we can't see.

orangeblastsxt wrote:im not rich, but im sure not dumb enough to have a family of my own and throw all my money away yet,
:? so are you saying that those of us with a family are dumb?
orangeblastsxt wrote: i cant exactly afford an srt4, but the neon does the job for now, good all around car and plenty quick enough for my tastes. someday ill get a viper
then i guess money is an issue.
Image Sam-I-Am
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000046
Diablo0 wrote: "eh... your opinion doesn't matter... I'm doing what I want..."

22stars
2GN Member

Post by 22stars » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:48 pm

dblsg wrote:
orangeblastsxt wrote:lol yeah yeah. i guess im one of the only people on here who actually likes my neon.
i don't thing anybody here has seen your neon.... we can't like what we can't see.

orangeblastsxt wrote:im not rich, but im sure not dumb enough to have a family of my own and throw all my money away yet,
orangeblastsxt wrote: i cant exactly afford an srt4, but the neon does the job for now, good all around car and plenty quick enough for my tastes. someday ill get a viper
awesome
2003 silver/black (cuda inspired stripes) ATX SXT :
Mpx UDP, Ravin Dual Exhaust, MSD 8.5mm Comp. Wires w/ NGK iridium plugs (stock gap), Screamin' Demon ignition coil, SRT springs, Vibrant strut tower bar, D.I.Y. S.R..A.I., Hayden 1402 supercooler trans cooler ... R.I.P August 5th, 2006 *tear*

dinetuner
2GN Member

Post by dinetuner » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:54 pm

22stars wrote:
dblsg wrote:

awesome
x2
bad01neon wrote: obviously the 10 year old consented, so its ok lol :lol:

refect
2GN Member

Post by refect » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:54 pm

do the lip kit first, then the rims, then the suspension, then the exhaust. when you put the lip kit on it is gonna make it look a little bit lower. not by much, but a decent amount. once you put the wheels on it is gonna raise the car up quite a bit and take out some of the wheel gap, but not all. especialy with 18s. it did when i had my 18s. then since you have the kit on and your wheels, go find out how much of a drop you will want to get rid of wheel gap and have it sitting at a nice height off the ground for you. then once you got all that done do the exhaust. or oyu can do the exhaust somewhere in the mix becasue it doesnt really affect anything. other than needed the lip kit on to alighn up with bumper. or you can even buy a set of nice coilovers like the true coilover from KW that come attached to the strut and slap them on and drop it. then once you get the kit and rims you can always raise it up if you need to. hope this helped
-Brad

Return to “General 2nd Gen Discussion”