Part out rather then sell?

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Part out rather then sell?

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:13 am

My silver neon SRT-4 might be coming to an end. It has been sitting on jackstands with the transmission out of it for a little over a month now. During this time period my mind has started to open up and think of different possibilities. I have been thinking about getting into another platform for once in my life. Would like to experience a different type of car. Corvette C5 Z06, Nissan 370z and even possibly a Crossfire SRT-6. Something with low mileage and a good amount of power with good looks.

With that being said if I where to sell it as is when back together I think I would not get too much for it. Since it doesn't have AC or PS. SRT-4's are just not worth that much. But then I started adding numbers up and I believe I could get more money parting the entire car out rather then selling it. Yes its more work but I have been around the whole selling parts thing for quite some time and I believe I would have to sit on parts for some time.

There are quite a bit of things I would like to do to it $$$ if I were to get it all back together. But I am not sure if it will be worth it due to the mileage at 129500k and building it and making it even a bit mroe quicker would be like $3k or so.

I will literally have 2 SRT-4 motors, a S3 kit, 2 transmissions with LSD etc etc. I added it all up on paper, and not including A LOT of things I was at $8400~

I am at a breaking point on what I should do. Just not really sure.

:banghead:
:endrant:
Last edited by MyNeonSaysHi on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

ThatKevin
2GN Member

Post by ThatKevin » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:25 am

parting it out is a pain in the ass, as I'm sure you already know. Also, the neon/srt community is pretty frugal and it makes it more difficult.

srt6, really? :shock:
'02 Chrysler Neon RT - SOHC 50trim+Crane 007 ---DEAD---
'05 Dodge Neon SRT4 - DSP & bolt ons ---SOLD---
'08 Dodge Caliber SRT4 - MS1Kv3
Progress Log

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:12 am

I like taking things apart, not so much putting it back together :lol:

But yeah it is a PITA and the neon community is very cheap. But there is always someone out there that will pay your asking price or close to it.

Yes, the SRT-6 is quite awesome, even though they are only offered in a auto, well auto manual. 330hp/310tq to boot.

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

wickedgood4684
2GN Member

Post by wickedgood4684 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:48 am

I say if you are going to sell it. first sell it as is and see if you get any takers, and then progressively work towards parting it out to sell...

..Even though I'm not as deep in as you are. I can completely understand wanting to experience something else in the car world. This is my current goal. Just need to get through the winter and then sell both of the neons.
SRT-4 Challenge series
Season 1 Champion: gotheframe/tim and corey
Season 2 Champion: Greasydeuce/Dmonday
NTCC
Winter Series:
Drivers Chamion: Neon Nick/Squat BIG
Team Champions: Team Acura: miniMench & wicked221
Rookie of the year: Patriot 01/xxPATRIOT 01xx

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:52 am

wickedgood4684 wrote:I say if you are going to sell it. first sell it as is and see if you get any takers, and then progressively work towards parting it out to sell...

..Even though I'm not as deep in as you are. I can completely understand wanting to experience something else in the car world. This is my current goal. Just need to get through the winter and then sell both of the neons.
Selling it as is will not net much money at all IMO. People see the mileage and see how much they go for online etc etc. I would get offers around $4k max.
I do believe its a very very clean and taken care of ride but not many people will see that.
I honestly might just keep it. I think I will feel better once its all back together. I just don't feel like putting money into it and would rather that money go towards a HUGE downpayment on a $25k car that could pay off in like 2 years if not sooner. Going with a low mileage sports car would be sweet.

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:34 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
wickedgood4684 wrote:I say if you are going to sell it. first sell it as is and see if you get any takers, and then progressively work towards parting it out to sell...

Selling it as is will not net much money at all IMO. People see the mileage and see how much they go for online etc etc. I would get offers around $4k max.
I do believe its a very very clean and taken care of ride but not many people will see that.
I honestly might just keep it. I think I will feel better once its all back together. I just don't feel like putting money into it and would rather that money go towards a HUGE downpayment on a $25k car that could pay off in like 2 years if not sooner. Going with a low mileage sports car would be sweet.
Thats what I am going to do. I think once its all back together I will be happy again. I didn't join this club for nothing:
viewtopic.php?t=40684&start=0&postdays= ... highlight=
:rockon:

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

Return to “General 2nd Gen Discussion”