Someone tried selling my car by stealing my picture

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
05MoparSRT4
2GN Member

Someone tried selling my car by stealing my picture

Post by 05MoparSRT4 » Thu May 22, 2014 7:45 pm

This literally just happened no more than a few minutes ago. This guy (Luiiz Dominawhatever) tried selling MY CAR (he doesn't even have the correct mileage OR MODS). This was on facebook. The picture featured is you guessed it...my car! (05srt_steve and Steve Young facebook.com/05MoparSRT for pictures of proof it's my car). Funny thing about this.....this photo was taken this past monday and wasn't posted on my instagram, facebook is set to friends only and I have no idea who this guy is.

I posted on all srt groups i belonged too and eventually got him banned from one page but he said this is his car:

I REALLY doubt that this is his car as he has pictures of other peoples cars on his page. So just watchout of this guy if you're on facebook!!

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Thu May 22, 2014 7:57 pm

I wouldn't really worry about it, dude. Other than the fact that you're pissed that he stole your photos. Does he have your keys? No. Does he have your title? Nope. Does he even know where you live or keep the car? Probably not. One of your Facebook friends probably shared your photos and it got back to this guy somehow.

Worst case scenario he manages to scam someone out of a Western Union cash transfer and than that poor sap, out of some wild coincidence, sees your car later and then he thinks you're the scammer and it turns into this epic car chase/fight scene. Luckily you've been working up to this you're whole life. I mean, that's why you modded the SRT4 in the first place right? In case you ever needed to escape some crazed bastard who just wanted to maim or kill you. So really, this is something you've always yearned for, you just didn't know it.

You lucky bastard.

05MoparSRT4
2GN Member

Post by 05MoparSRT4 » Thu May 22, 2014 10:03 pm

My take on it is the scammer he clearly is if he continues to do it eventually he could get someones keys and or title you never no or falsify a title you never really know

Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu May 22, 2014 10:41 pm

Very bizarre. :shock:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Fri May 23, 2014 7:07 am

I still don't think any of it matters. Is your car at his house? It's going to fall apart as soon as someone wants to come see it. He's only hurting his own sale. Don't be an LSP, be flattered someone took your picture!
el. oh. el.

05MoparSRT4
2GN Member

Post by 05MoparSRT4 » Fri May 23, 2014 9:08 pm

I am more than flatter someone liked my picture! I'm more pissed off at the for sale!! cause you never know someone could of sent money and if they were local to where I live (never know) I wake up and my car is stolen lol a lot of stolen cars/break ins near me the past 2 months so adds a little to the paronia lol

Ozzieneon
2GN Member

Photos

Post by Ozzieneon » Fri May 30, 2014 10:39 pm

Funny had same thing happen to me was selling a Harley cvo dyna here in Australia a guy of ebay sent me a message someone was using my photos and trying to sell it on ebay usa i contacted ebay and got his account shut down.

neongirl87
2GN Member

Post by neongirl87 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:49 pm

wow, lazy people now a days

he still denied it!

Return to “General 2nd Gen Discussion”