05 Orange blast ACR srt question

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
Ramroid
2GN Member

05 Orange blast ACR srt question

Post by Ramroid » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:56 pm

Whats it worth? Only option ive seen on it was a sunroof and factory kicker sub, guys asking 3700$, rebult title and is currently hydrolocked.

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:18 pm

not 3700...imo

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold
2017 Volkswagen CC Rline Exec. 2.0t

"Sorry you are so scared of a possible mechanical problem that you will drive an ugly transportation appliance. I'll keep living a colorful life." -some guy about a camry

trojmn
2GN Member

Post by trojmn » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:21 pm

when i buy unknown cars i assume it needs alot. Engine, trans probably doesnt shift well, turbo is leaking, oil sensor has probably started a fire, etc... suspension needs gone through. does it have the BBS wheels?

so in short it depends on body/interior condition miles, assume everything else that you cannot verify must be replaced. add all that up and work backwards from edmunds/kbb or whatever.

offhand id say its overpriced.
03 SRT
Now building for GS ;-)

Ramroid
2GN Member

Post by Ramroid » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:15 pm

trojmn wrote:when i buy unknown cars i assume it needs alot. Engine, trans probably doesnt shift well, turbo is leaking, oil sensor has probably started a fire, etc... suspension needs gone through. does it have the BBS wheels?

so in short it depends on body/interior condition miles, assume everything else that you cannot verify must be replaced. add all that up and work backwards from edmunds/kbb or whatever.

offhand id say its overpriced.
65xxxk miles. interior is 7/10, still has bbs wheels and acr suspension. Turbo was recently rebuild, tranny as well. Guy hydrolocked it driving through a giant puddle according to him. Doesn't have the SRS seats tho, he switched them out for a set of corbeaus.

http://charlestonwv.craigslist.org/cto/4491980011.html is the CL link

trojmn
2GN Member

Post by trojmn » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:35 pm

since you cannot verify the trans is good, there should at least be evidence on the rear cover (rtv etc) that is been apart for "rebuild". you should see a NEW TOB and NEW thick clutch, but its still a risk that it doesn't grind. you should be able to see the LSD if an axle shaft is out, in other words has the trans been replaced? I have no idea how to tell if it is a real ACR by vin/tag etc..., the front wheel in the pic doesn't look like BBS could be, rear sway should be 19mm. white illumina struts should be adjustable and have a mopar PN would think. To me the seats are pretty important and make it an ACR. Good SRT seats are $300ish real ACR are much more.

frame looks twisted from the pics, look at the headlight panel. ask for all the stock pieces to go with, the IC was probably lost to the wreck, there probably isn't even a crash bar installed. -$100 AC work? not likely.

the BIG problem with the "I already have the motor pulled." is that the asshat that did it probably lost pieces random specific bolts etc... cut wires Do you know ALL that is needed and where it goes? sure it all could be had, just ALOT better to do have done it yourself. -$500 just for the "help".

point is that there is a LOT to consider. I'm not trying to scare you off, just think through the whole project. There's a bunch of items that you really NEED that add up quick. I spent more the $634 all the seals/gaskets/new turbo oil line/hoses/maintenance STUFF and put a used $1000 long block in. Hell the SRT i bought changed hands FIVE times in the previous TWO years before i got it. Each one took a loss no doubt. Most probably dumbshits like this seller with good intentions of fixing something but just caused more headache for the next. http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=403399

FTR my project was $6500 total including car purchase clean title, tax, insurance, new wheels & tires, LSD, turbo, but have a autox prepped stock, everything gone through, new suspension, and working car that is probably worth an optimistic $6500 *if* it had better paint. for all that has been done im on plus side IMO but barely, maybe if i squint.

If its not a screaming deal, or you cant recover by parting it out, run away.
03 SRT
Now building for GS ;-)

Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:53 am

trojmn wrote:To me the seats are pretty important and make it an ACR. Good SRT seats are $300ish real ACR are much more.
:withstupid: trojmn made many more important points in his post but I'll add my .02 with this quote. At least the car still has the BBS wheels- seems strange that so many ACRs that come up for sale are missing them.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Ramroid
2GN Member

Post by Ramroid » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:06 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:
trojmn wrote:To me the seats are pretty important and make it an ACR. Good SRT seats are $300ish real ACR are much more.
:withstupid: trojmn made many more important points in his post but I'll add my .02 with this quote. At least the car still has the BBS wheels- seems strange that so many ACRs that come up for sale are missing them.
Yeah, the points he made are solid. I might try to talk him down even more, a longblock isn't too hard to come by to be perfectly honest. I'm going to drive and check out the car this weekend, see exactly what im working with before i consider buying it. I'm going to get the vin before i do anything and run it, make sure its an actual ACR and not a car someone stuck an ACR badge on. Thanks for the input guys

trojmn
2GN Member

Post by trojmn » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:05 pm

Sorry I got a little "preachy" there. :lol: So yeah put eyes/hands on it and verify whats you have to work with. good luck!
03 SRT
Now building for GS ;-)

Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:09 am

trojmn wrote:Sorry I got a little "preachy" there. :lol:
I don't know about the OP but, if I were looking to buy, I would have been happy to read your suggestions. :thumbup:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Return to “General 2nd Gen Discussion”