The neon curse

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
Ramroid
2GN Member

The neon curse

Post by Ramroid » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:10 pm

New bumper put on, new lip, new hood. Fresh paint. Some old lady side swipes me. Ruins new hood, ruins drivers side fender. No big deal..i have a spare of both..

So, 2 weeks ago both my morimoto ballasts die.Still no big deal, still under warranty. Got them replaced. Put them back on, both bulbs die. Ok then, broke until payday so i threw in some h1's out of an audi into it. They work fine

Today, drive less than a mile, and my power steering goes out. Doing surgery in a walmart parking lot, turns out my belt slipped off. This car doesn't want me to finish my build..lol.

Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:33 pm

There is a bright side (a small one anyway)- at least you are able to fix things yourself- I would be up the creek without a paddle. :banghead:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Jean-Seb
2GN Member

Post by Jean-Seb » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:14 am

Hang in there man ! :rockon:

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:07 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:There is a bright side (

The side of the car the sun hits. :lol:
Bill
dblsg wrote:ya'll a bunch of post whores
epic

2001 Neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
Help support 2GN!

Ramroid
2GN Member

Post by Ramroid » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:55 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:There is a bright side (a small one anyway)- at least you are able to fix things yourself- I would be up the creek without a paddle. :banghead:
Just lucky i had all the parts to fix it. lol. The fender was the least pain in the ass thing to replace. I gave up on my HIDs completely. I put them in my bmw yesterday. Try contorting your way underneath the car with 6 herniated discs and a completely torn rotator cuff, it's fun!

Speaking of headlights and such. I threw in some H1's into the high beams, and they suck. I can't find any information about what type bulb is supposed to be in the high beams of this set of lights, but the H1's blow for highs.

neonrog
2GN Member

Post by neonrog » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:07 pm

I know what you mean... I kept thinking I had my electrical gremlin chased. Only to have it cutout at strange times. 4 gauge wire much better than what was there before...
If its not an English Mastiff, its just a dog.

Ramroid
2GN Member

Post by Ramroid » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:29 pm

neonrog wrote:I know what you mean... I kept thinking I had my electrical gremlin chased. Only to have it cutout at strange times. 4 gauge wire much better than what was there before...
My electrical gremlin was my relay harness. Shorted out my drivers side ballast, but eh. I replaced the fuse in the harness and it seems to be working, without my freakin' hids. Running ultra white piaa h1's in the low and high beam, connected with a diode. When my brights are on, everything in the world is basked in the white goodness that is my headlights. lol

Return to “General 2nd Gen Discussion”