Far well

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
evilneon02
2GN Member

Far well

Post by evilneon02 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:03 pm

Well as much as It pains me. My neon time has come to an end. Since my project didn't work out for me and I just couldn't keep putting money into it since I have my daughter to think about and needed a reliable car. I'm sad to say I will miss my neon and the fun I had with it. I will still stay a member in hope one day that I will have another neon but for now I must move on to vw. I would like to say thanks to everyone that has helped me out the last 14 yrs. This site was my bible to neons. Until next time keep them neons rolling.

Evilneon02

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Re: Far well

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:31 am

Sorry to read but glad that you will be sticking around. Off-topic... I can't imagine not having a Neon (well, I've been driving them since 1994).
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

jonnymopar
Junior Admin

Post by jonnymopar » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:17 am

Good luck with whatever's in the driveway next. Dad duties > everything else.
Midnight_Rider wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:31 am
Off-topic... I can't imagine not having a Neon...
Me neither, but that's a reality I'll be facing soon, for the same reason as Brad.. dad duties come before everything. Luckily I already know what car I'll be driving next and have stockpiled some goodies for it. Personally, I think it's one of the Neon's most formidable classmates: a 1st gen Mazda3.
Jon J.

2003 Neon SXT - new home, new owner. Thanks for everything, old friend.
1989 Daytona ES - 2.4L/A555 swapped

Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon Until Jerry Buys It" Club Member #11

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:25 pm

Parenthood and life usually are a death knell for any sort of dual purpose or project car.

Only when you have somewhere to store it for many years, and there is still sufficient parts available many years from now, can a car be brought back. I don't see that happening with neons.

Not like that first Mustang sold, sitting in the guy's garage for 27 years, and fully restored.

In 27 years, most people probably won't know what a neon was.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

evilneon02
2GN Member

Post by evilneon02 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:18 pm

I will be driving a 2006 va jetta gli 2.0l turbo. Blacked out. I will truly miss my neon I could tear the engine down and put back together in few days now I have to learn another car lol but yes family came first and that my my neon never got painted like I wanted. But this new car I'm just going to focus on engine mods only. Some one will be happy when they buy the neon they will get everything I have for it which is a lot.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:01 am

occasional demons wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:25 pm
In 27 years, most people probably won't know what a neon was.
They will remember when they see mine (I already have plans in the works for it when I'm gone). :D
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Return to “General 2nd Gen Discussion”