Tps problem

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
broor
Fresh Fish

Tps problem

Post by broor » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:06 pm

Hello All

A small introduction :) i'm Broor from the Netherlands and owning a 2gn 2.0 Neon with a custom turbo build on.

I bought this project from another guy who had trouble with the emission limits here on our yearly test what all cars must have.

When i bought the car from him he was already started to part it out a bit so he cutted the E-Manage blue harness to pieces. I managd to solder this back and am able to start the car no problems there.

But my idle rev was toggeling from 1000 to 3000 rpm and the error P0122 came up.

Then i started to search and measuring but here i come up to a wall.

My resistance from the tps sensor is: 730 ohm closed and 1750 ohm fully opend tb

On ignition
In voltage's it is: 0.7v closed and 3.6v fully opend.

I checked all the wires etc. And no bad wires there so far i looked from tb to the pcm.

Anyone a idea in what direction i should search?

Also i checked the PCM 5v output (pin 61) this puts out 8v idk if this is common or already a red flag

Greetings Broor

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Re: Tps problem

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:32 pm

Hallo Broor! Er zijn hier verschillende leden die u kunnen helpen met uw probleem. Ik heb geen technische kennis maar wilde hallo zeggen!
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Re: Tps problem

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:30 am

Been there and done that with the Emanage Blue on the 2GN.....
Do not use it!!!!!!
It's a glorified SAFC unit that won't work because the 2GN pcm will fight it trying to get STOICH A/F's no matter what you do!
If you do not have the emissions restrictions like we do in the USA, and a check engine light doesn't matter...
I would look into a programmer than can modify your PCM. My first suggestion would be Syked ECU as it will allow you to change any aspect of your pcm. My next suggestion would be to try HPTuners. But if your looking for complete control of the entire drivetrain and you can get by without worrying about emission restrictions, I would use MegaSquirt!

Return to “General 2nd Gen Discussion”