Read the How To for speaker replacement, have one question...

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
johnequickiii
n00b

Read the How To for speaker replacement, have one question...

Post by johnequickiii » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:47 pm

Hello everyone. New here, but have been reading through all of your helpful information since I got my '04 Neon SXT a month ago. So much great info here. You guys are great.

As I mentioned in the subject, I read through the How To for speaker replacement, but still have one question about the fronts.

I'm planning on getting 6.5" speakers with a speaker adapter, https://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Fit ... A-826600-9.

My question is, should this adapter fit right into the "plastic that angles the speaker", or would I have to remove that piece altogether to be able to fit a 6.5" speaker with the adapter in? I want to keep the "plastic that angles the speaker" in place.

I've seen guides say to use 6.5" or 6.75" speakers, but I don't know if those sizes require the "plastic that angles the speaker" to be fully removed.

Please let me know what you guys think, and thanks in advance for any input.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Re: Read the How To for speaker replacement, have one question...

Post by occasional demons » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:56 pm

Most of those adapters attach directly to the door shell. To keep the angle, you'll have to make the replacement speaker fit to that.

Honestly, it's been way to long since I installed speakers in my door to remember what I did or used. 1st gens (95 to 99) don't angle the door speakers, which would give a clue about those adapters.

A lot of 6.5" speakers use the same/or darn close size frame as the 6.75", mainly the woofer cone diameter is what's different.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

johnequickiii
n00b

Post by johnequickiii » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:27 pm

Ah, ok. Maybe I should just get the 6.75s and pop them in the doors.

The 6.75s should fit straight into the doors then?

Thanks for the help.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:05 pm

johnequickiii wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:27 pm
Ah, ok. Maybe I should just get the 6.75s and pop them in the doors.

The 6.75s should fit straight into the doors then?

Thanks for the help.
occasional demons wrote:
Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:38 pm
From Crutchfield.
In-dash stereo
7-3/16" depth; Size code E
Front speakers
Dash: 3-1/2"
Front Door: 6-3/4"
Rear speakers
Rear Deck: 6x9"
I just bought tweeters and fabbed a mount for them. Used the factory speakers for the template, and tin snipped away.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

johnequickiii
n00b

Post by johnequickiii » Tue May 21, 2019 4:00 pm

Just wanted to drop a reply, stating that the SCOSCHE SAC656 speaker adapters do fit right into the angle piece. Just have to snip two plastic tabs off, and they go right in.

I'm sure others do as well, but the SAC656 are thinner and keep the speaker nearer the factory placement.

Thought I'd make a post just so if anyone else is wondering, they do fit with minimal work.

Return to “General 2nd Gen Discussion”