Will a 04 dodge neon R/T exhaust system fit a 05 sxt neon?

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
MrGreen
Fresh Fish

Will a 04 dodge neon R/T exhaust system fit a 05 sxt neon?

Post by MrGreen » Tue May 24, 2022 11:34 am

I had my exhaust stolen on my sxt, somebody decided the cat wasn't enough and cut all the way into the manifold. I have a friend who has a 01 and a 04 R/T off in a muddy field and before i go try to get them i wanted to know if they will fit. He said he has no idea and i couldnt find a concrete answer anywhere.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Re: Will a 04 dodge neon R/T exhaust system fit a 05 sxt neon?

Post by occasional demons » Tue May 24, 2022 4:22 pm

You will need the complete system, from the head to the muffler. The converter on the R/T does have an O2 sensor in it, vs the manifold on the normal neon.

You could get away with just the cat back, but you will have to leave the o2 sensor in to plug the hole.

The tubular manifold is a little better flowing on the R/T.

But getting it off might be difficult if everything is rusted from sitting.

The cylinder heads might be worth grabbing, even if the timing belt is broken. Even the entire engine if they aren't locked up.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “General 2nd Gen Discussion”