Hmm....Pro Street Neon?

Questions how to improve your 1/8, 1/4, or 60' times or maybe you just want to share your times, post it here.
mopar4life
2GN Member

Hmm....Pro Street Neon?

Post by mopar4life » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:26 pm

Ive been covered up busy with work and school for quite a while. Just now able to get back on the PC and do much postin. Anywho, one of my cousins has been playin with Neon drag cars for years and I think I wanna give the FWD drag car a shot. What would be the best way to make one run 8.50 or faster 1/8th mile and still be streetable? I was thinkin about gettin a 2000 up 5 speed one, and either goin the nitrous route or building one with a SRT-4 swap. Gut it out, slicks, axles, clutch, solid mounts, adjustable shocks front and rear, cage, all the good stuff. Ive been drag racing for years with a 67 Cuda and figure I wanna build a toy for the street that it very different. Anybody got any ideas on it?
randomZERO wrote:I'm trying to help you not insult you. This is why neons have a bad name is because people buy all these plastic do dads and crazy lites, the neon is not a christmas tree. .

thttxboy
2GN Member

Post by thttxboy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:13 pm

well 8.5 in the 1/8th shouldnt take too much ive run a 8.901 in the 1/8th and my mods are hard pipes and Foward motion wastegate at 16 psi on street tires. I met a guy with a stock srt on slicks and a small shot of Nitrous and he ran an 8.5 all day. So maybe slicks a good exhaust and a meth kit so you can raise your boost and a wideband to monitor it all and you'll be on ur way. something like that

Return to “Drag Racing”