New mods = New time.

Questions how to improve your 1/8, 1/4, or 60' times or maybe you just want to share your times, post it here.
lilnicko11
2011 Silver Contributor

New mods = New time.

Post by lilnicko11 » Sat May 29, 2010 9:16 pm

So in April I went to Englishtown, NJ and it was my first ever time at the track. I ran 4 times that day. My best was a 13.9 @ 100 MPH . I only had my Mopar Cold Air Intake.

This past month I added some Prothane Motor Mount Inserts and a Forward Motion Wastegate Actuator. Today was Turbo Dodge SRT4 day at Lebanon Valley Speedway in New York. My car got 6 passes on the day before it started to sprinkle and we all decided to pack up and go home. I drove like shit. My first run I didn't get into third smoothly and it cost me. My second run I dumped the clutch way to quick instead of properly slipping it when launching. My third run I was WOT shifting (which I had been) and I let off the clutch before I was entirely into 2nd. Then my 4th pass my sweaty hand decided to slip off the shifter while putting it into 4th (guess ill start wearing gloves). So yeah. Basically I sucked balls at driving today and anyones grandma could of out run me. I'll post up times soon. Anyways, my friend brough his SRT4 but didn't run it because of a 3rd gear shift fork problem. I let him take the last two passes and he has two pretty much identical runs. Both were 13.7 @ 101 MPH with 2.0 60ft. times on street tires. I'm very happy that the car beat my previous time but now I just gotta get my head outta my ass and slip the clutch correctly and stop missing f'ing gears. My tranny is smooth and not beat on. It was total driver fault on me today so I gave my car the DRIVER MOD and I am not ashamed to say it today.
2002 NEON ACR
2004 NEON SRT4
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club Member #50

LINK:
CARLISLE 2010 VIDEOS

andrewh530
2GN Member

Post by andrewh530 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:11 pm

thats not bad my friend!
but, ya know shit happens to the best of us....ill be anxious to see what the car gets next time!

LowNSlow

Post by LowNSlow » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:12 pm

Should be able to do 13.4s probably...trap speed seems a little low though.
-John

Return to “Drag Racing”