SCCA Solo Nationals

Have some questions about AutoX or Rally racing, like what types of tires are good or where to start for suspension, ect... ask them here.
Jerome Adams
2GN Member

SCCA Solo Nationals

Post by Jerome Adams » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:46 pm

took my boys to solo nats for a few hours today to check things out. Saw a handful of 1GN and some SRT4s but not a lot of 2GN.

There was a black 1GN with a "Come on, it is only an R/T" sticker on it. Personalized license plate from WI...can't remember what it said though.

Saw another black 1GN from WI that was competing, tried talking to the old dude sitting by it, but he acted like he had the cure for cancer inside that car and I was trying to steal it.

Saw a couple of nice Lotus Eliseseseses, few porsches. Tons of Hondas, Miatas, Subies, Evos, and Bimmers. Parked next to a nice M3 with some really wide tires, but that wasn't the race car.

Wished the boys would have got a little more interested...they pretty much whined the whole time. Oh well, still wasn't too bad a trip....
Jerome

'03 SXT...DODGE NEON CONES

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #067

bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

Post by bone-yard-racing » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:13 pm

2gn just isnt competitive on a national level. The SRT barely is and the 1gn is ok in FSP. National people take this shit too seriously somtimes, there is pretty much a single way to buld a fast FSP neon.

Return to “Autocrossing / Rally”