Crazy Idea

Have some questions about AutoX or Rally racing, like what types of tires are good or where to start for suspension, ect... ask them here.
dadmoonbunny
2GN Member

Crazy Idea

Post by dadmoonbunny » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:51 pm

2004 Dodge Neon.

Multiple electrical problems. Multiple attempts to repair, replace and fix problems. I have had it. So the other day I'm driving down the road, in my other car, when I thought: "Wow, those autocross folks probably don't use a full on factory harness."

So I thought I'd ping you folks, and see if there is a diagram, or a vendor that would give me a diagram for simplifying the wiring down to the basic start/run, lights, and maybe radio and A/C.

Please help. I do like this little car, and am tired of not being able to drive it due to its lack of dependability. I deal with a long drive on a daily basis as I live quite a ways out from town, so I have to have reliabity.
If you can see the entire exhaust system while standing upright, you're either under a lift or you've done something wrong.

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:52 am

It isn't that easy sadly. With so many systems on the BUS and the fact that you have an immobilizer system, there isn't much you can remove. If you went to a true stand-alone system like MS you could simplify things quite a bit.

I'm going to bet someone good with wiring could help you with the car. More than likely your problems could be solved with a good tech.
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

Return to “Autocrossing / Rally”