Got to do a sweet autocross style event

Have some questions about AutoX or Rally racing, like what types of tires are good or where to start for suspension, ect... ask them here.
sirvaliant_98
2GN Member

Got to do a sweet autocross style event

Post by sirvaliant_98 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:45 am

Alright last month I took a trip up to Montana. My friend up there insisted I come up to do this Porchse club event. I was like alright I am game. he tells me about it that its on a gt racing kinda track. the track was about 1.5-2 miles long. It was built on a really old landing strip. the track is paved and was pretty good. Anyways it was a blast getting to tear it up. They made me take my nitrous bottle out though :cry: It wasnt really a competition so there was no what place or times did you run. It was more of a drivers education event. After I got my feet wet with the instructor they let us rookies go out on solo runs, 5-10 cars at a time. that was the fun part because your hauling butt around the track with other cars having to pay attention to what there doing. Better than the drag racing I do. I wish i had a picture of the track so you guys could see how it was setup. There was of course a straight away, some s curves and such. It was great the back section, which was about 3/4-1 mile long you would have thought that was the slow section. not for most of us, the corners were sweeping and fast. I was hitting 100-104 mph on the back section, faster than on the straight. If anyone gets a chance to do an event like this take it up. Lot better than the solo2 events also, no 1-2 minute runs here, more like 15-20 minutes.

nathan

natopotato
n00b

Post by natopotato » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:00 pm

Sounds like it was pretty fun. Was it free?

DvsKreationz03
2GN Member

Post by DvsKreationz03 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:57 pm

hey, what tires work good, cuz I'm gonna try an get into AutoX when I get back from Iraq.
Sadly got rid of my baby, now own a 2002 WRX.....

natopotato
n00b

Post by natopotato » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:06 pm

I use Falken Azenis mounted onto my snowflakes, I drove on them all summer and did 3 autocrosses and a track event and they still have real good tread. They are really sticky for street tires, and they aren't too expensive.

Return to “Autocrossing / Rally”