Oil light

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons… just anything that is generally "engine" specific. This also includes questions about exhaust systems such as exhaust manifolds, piping size, mufflers, ect...
RainbowWrench
2GN Member

Oil light

Post by RainbowWrench » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:44 pm

Cold weather here, oil light on occasionally during low rpm or idle.

Swapped full synthetic 5w30 with high milage 5w30 , mopar filter, now my oil light is constantly on, occasionally off at 2k rpm ,annoying diiiiing. Oil levels fine no stink or dark goo, maybe I swapped it too late ? Clogs?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RainbowWrench :idea:

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Re: Oil light

Post by JeremyJ » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:27 pm

The sensor itself will go out occasionally. It's the bright green plug on the back of the block. Not the most fun to change, but it's doable. I'd replace that before worrying too much.
02 base -> 05 SRT ACR -> 96 sedan -> 99 R/T coupe -> 02 R/T -> 03 SRT

RainbowWrench
2GN Member

Post by RainbowWrench » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:55 pm

Thank you very much, I wondered what that bright green thing could be , slipped my mind to inspect it. Will do what I can and update accordingly.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:39 pm

Be sure to unlock the red tab before trying to unplug it. Sometimes the tab can give you fits.

Like Jeremy said, the switches can leak, or get plugged, as the orifice that the oil passes through to the pressure switch is pretty small.

You'll need an oil pressure switch socket, or a deep well socket 1-1/16" or 1-1/8". I can't recall off hand.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

RainbowWrench
2GN Member

Post by RainbowWrench » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:59 am

I found it at last after borrowing an oil shops pit , I found it, pulled red tab off completely, odd it slipped out. I didn't remove the switch as I hadn't the tools.
Having an oil leak mid engine , and from switch I think. It's odd I have not had to add any oil in a long time

RainbowWrench
2GN Member

Post by RainbowWrench » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:59 pm

Things in the worst place oof.

Sent from my S96Pro using Tapatalk

Return to “Engine”