Long Tube Headers

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons… just anything that is generally "engine" specific. This also includes questions about exhaust systems such as exhaust manifolds, piping size, mufflers, ect...
INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:10 pm

Hmm, you might not be able to fit a cat. You might have to go with a new catback, get a highflow cat, and then a different muffler setup at the back, like a magnaflow or something.
So many neons so little time.

Adionik
2GN Member

Post by Adionik » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:37 pm

Yeah....shit.

how loud will it be without my cat? I really don't want to spend any more on my exhaust after putting money on my srt rear...
dank(r/t) wrote:you tell 'em altezza light, black headlight cover guy!
you know what's up, it's obvious.
TheRandom1 wrote:Adionik, you're an asshole, we all know this.

blue demon02
2GN Member

Post by blue demon02 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:46 pm

Adionik wrote:Yeah....shit.

how loud will it be without my cat? I really don't want to spend any more on my exhaust after putting money on my srt rear...
You will not be abel to use the stock cat and yes you will have plenty of room for a cat after the header. I actualy had a cat then a small magnaflow muffler after the cat before the L bend.

And if you run a LTH with no cat and the srt rear section you will be running with no muffling of any kind and trust me when I tell you this would be a verry bad idea. I would ditch the SRT and get a R/T rear section. They can usualy be found for preety cheap used. Maybe 75 bucks and it will bolt right up. get that and a high flow cat say maybe a catco there preety cheap. It will sound awsome. I have had that exact set-up before and it sounded great. And I hate the Ricer sound .

Adionik
2GN Member

Post by Adionik » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:23 am

Negative, i have an srt-4 rear bumper on the way. i won't mind losing my tips and rolling my bumper, but I can't trade exhausts.

So can I run my LTH, high flow cat and then the glasspack? will i have enough room?

bad04srt
2GN Member

Post by bad04srt » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:47 am

you'll have plenty of room.....i would run the cat before the glasspack though....get a small high flow cat and you'll have plenty of room

Adionik
2GN Member

Post by Adionik » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:56 am

yeah i hope so...i just bought a tiny high flow cat.

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:38 am

Adionik wrote:Yeah....shit.

FYI:
I'm running - R/T header,gutted cat, stock r/t muffler....
It sounds great, I got that header sound now too....but the gutted cat definately made the car louder. Loud enough that a state trooper that was on a power trip pulled me over for a modified muffler and I told him it was stock.

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:46 pm

You know, just a wild idea, you COULD go under the car and meassure the length of the straight pipe :D

That would help you in determining how much space you can work with. My header merge collector sits about where the bend from the cat went into the straight pipe.
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

Adionik
2GN Member

Post by Adionik » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:53 pm

Hmmm...I might crawl under the car when I get home from work and see how much room i do have left. I got a little vibrant high flow cat an OP was selling on here, hopefully that can free things up down there. I bet my midpipe is going to be HELLA crammed now haha...

Now I need more work done to really notice this LTH. About what RPM range do you really notice it kicking in? 3K+?

Return to “Engine”