ENG code help plz

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons… just anything that is generally "engine" specific. This also includes questions about exhaust systems such as exhaust manifolds, piping size, mufflers, ect...
Dimas
2GN Member

ENG code help plz

Post by Dimas » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:33 pm

P0522 Engine Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch Circuit Low Voltage

This is what I got, for some reason tho' my sunroof isn't working. Moved forward and got stuck won't close. I thought code would be for sunroof. Apparently not, first ? Is this sensor easy to replace?

The sunroof, the damn support on one side, is either broken or unlatched since I can separate the glass from the support. Wondering how can I fix? Is there a manual release somewhere to where I can just close the sunroof?
Heh.

Swordfish2Cowboy
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Swordfish2Cowboy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:41 pm

No, you have to take the motor off. Pretty sure you're going to have to take the headliner out, too. I just did this to my car not three days ago. I took my headliner off because I figured I had to take the entire assembly out, turns out that's probably more work than what I needed to do.

Anyway, when you take the motor off, you'll see two spring-looking things that run parallel to each other. Find the one that leads to the broken side. That is, if it's off sync. Then just take a screwdriver and start pushing the spring so the carrier thing (what the glass attaches to) moves all the way up. Do it for the other side, too.

That's just a temporary fix, but apparently it completely fixed my problem as it was just out of sync. If something is broken you might have to get new parts. Check neons.org for more information, there's three comprehensive threads on there. Also do the search function here, you're bound to find something. Also, I don't think your code is related.
ImageImage
:mopar: :runaway:

Dimas
2GN Member

Post by Dimas » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:50 pm

yea thats what i figured, I got the oil light but been keeping up w/ oil changes checked oil still good suppose the sensor just goes naturally huh
Heh.

esteinmaier
Supporting Vendor

Post by esteinmaier » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:39 pm

Well, either your sensor is broke, or your engine is broke. I'd replace the sensor just to find out.
ASP - First NGC SOHC in the 13s and the 12s. First SOHC neon over 500whp. First NGC Neon on MS.
Winston Churchill wrote:Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.

Dimas
2GN Member

Post by Dimas » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:21 pm

how would i go about
Heh.

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:00 am

it is on the back of the engine, below the exhaust manifold, remove the battery to get to it easier. Honestly, it is not that hard, justa tight fit. Get a Haynes Manual.
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

esteinmaier
Supporting Vendor

Post by esteinmaier » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:08 am

Easier to get to underneath. By the time you take off the battery and still have trouble getting to it, you may as well just jack the car up.
ASP - First NGC SOHC in the 13s and the 12s. First SOHC neon over 500whp. First NGC Neon on MS.
Winston Churchill wrote:Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.

Dimas
2GN Member

Post by Dimas » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:59 pm

very well thanks for the help guys i'll check it out in the manual, so its a easy fix as long as you can get to it.
Heh.

TN.Frank
2GN Member

Post by TN.Frank » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:46 am

kc2002acr wrote:Get a Haynes Manual.
:withstupid:
If more people would do this it'd make my job at AutoZone a lot easier. A lot of people don't even know what year their car is or what engine it has, makes it hard to look up the Right part for em'. A good manual will help you only pull off the parts you need to get the job done instead of pulling off to much or the wrong stuff. Makes life a lot easier.
?You know what the difference between me and you really is? You look out there and see a horde of evil, brain eating zombies. I look out there and see a target rich environment.?
-Dillis D. Freeman Jr. 11/2/2001

Return to “Engine”