engine removal without transmission...

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons… just anything that is generally "engine" specific. This also includes questions about exhaust systems such as exhaust manifolds, piping size, mufflers, ect...
kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

engine removal without transmission...

Post by kc2005ptgt » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:08 pm

Can you remove the engine without removing the transmission? I know it says in the haynes manual to use a lift, and transmission jack, all this tuff... basically you lift the engine and transmission together and set it on a floor jack/stand, and then lift the car up away from the engine/trans... but I just need to get the block out. Everything is off, ready to go, but the transmission... is it necessary, and if not why? What can I do? I can't lift this damn car up any higher than about two feet... and I do not want to drop the engine/trans on the ground. I put a few bolts back together, and it is sitting on the floor jack right now (on the oil pan and blocks) and I am just waiting for a hoist. Anyways, please advise! I am desperate to get this thing done and over with.
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

latief
2GN Member

Post by latief » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:15 pm

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:02 am

Wow, way to go for me not doing a search :lol:

Thanks latief, and thanks for not pointing out for me to search ;) :D I got it now... it is good to know I can do this, it will be out tomorrow, hopefully.
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

latief
2GN Member

Post by latief » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:03 am

kc2002acr wrote:Wow, way to go for me not doing a search :lol:

Thanks latief, and thanks for not pointing out for me to search ;) :D I got it now... it is good to know I can do this, it will be out tomorrow, hopefully.
No problem :lol: ....I really hate it when people ask someone to do a search , especially when a new guy is asking a question.... my opinion is if you have the time to respond, just do that.. and then direct people to the search function - which could be confusing for a newbie .... :roll:

that does not apply to you of course, i am just glad that i could help a moderator for once........good luck on your engine build, I've always liked your car !! :thumbup:

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:26 am

Way to go latief! You are far too kind in your reply. I would have said "that does not apply to you of course, i am just glad that i could :owned: a moderator for once"

I kid of course. Or do I???? :rofl:
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

latief
2GN Member

Post by latief » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:57 am

Danteneon wrote:Way to go latief! You are far too kind in your reply. I would have said "that does not apply to you of course, i am just glad that i could :owned: a moderator for once"

I kid of course. Or do I???? :rofl:

I was saving that for when you need help :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I kid too....

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:48 am

:rofl: I can't wait!
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

Return to “Engine”