Does ANYONE make a 49.5" 4 rib belt?

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons… just anything that is generally "engine" specific. This also includes questions about exhaust systems such as exhaust manifolds, piping size, mufflers, ect...
TN.Frank
2GN Member

Does ANYONE make a 49.5" 4 rib belt?

Post by TN.Frank » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:19 pm

The Gatorback 4040500 has stretched out to the point where when it's wet and I put the A/C on it slips, the 4040490 is too small and won't fit, I need a 495 to fit right, does anyone make such a belt or am I just SOL.
?You know what the difference between me and you really is? You look out there and see a horde of evil, brain eating zombies. I look out there and see a target rich environment.?
-Dillis D. Freeman Jr. 11/2/2001

fixitmattman
2GN Member

Post by fixitmattman » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:03 pm

http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=33790&start=0
fixitmattman wrote:Just installed a fresh set of belts this morning.

Napa 25040305 (alt.)
Napa 25040490 (acc.)

The 490 is fairly tight to get on as the adjuster is damn near at the full taut range of it's adjustment and requires a bit of finess to slip the belt over (it just barely fits), but it's on with minimal hassel and works great.

EDIT: Note that these need to be a Gates/Napa belt. I've tried other brands of belts in the 490 length and they will not fit.
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/fixitmattman
How to fix your car:
1. Buy a Haynes manual
2. Read Haynes maual
3. Read and search appropriate threads, trust us, it's been covered before
4. Fix car
5. Consume beer of job well done

TN.Frank
2GN Member

Post by TN.Frank » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:27 pm

So that's the "trick" get a NAPA belt in 490. I was going to say, the Gatorback won't even come close to fitting. Oh well, looks like I'll have to make a trip to NAPA, I wonder if I can get my AutoZone employee discount there,LOL.
?You know what the difference between me and you really is? You look out there and see a horde of evil, brain eating zombies. I look out there and see a target rich environment.?
-Dillis D. Freeman Jr. 11/2/2001

Return to “Engine”