anti freeze leak

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons… just anything that is generally "engine" specific. This also includes questions about exhaust systems such as exhaust manifolds, piping size, mufflers, ect...
LyricsNLines
2GN Member

anti freeze leak

Post by LyricsNLines » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:39 pm

ok for the past few days ive noticed antifreeze spots under my car coming from passenger side where belts are. Ive noticed the spots there even when the car is not running ( id pull into a spot and immediately kill the motor) and still saw the antifreeze spots. I suspect the water pump but decided to post here for further opinions. Also I see a good deal on gates premium pump + belt + pulley; theirs a seperate listing with the braket included but how neccessary is it?

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:49 pm

Either the water pump, T'stat gasket, or the heater tube connection rubber hoses. I suppose a long shot would be the water pump inlet o ring.

The timing tensioner bracket depends on which tensioner you currently have.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Notanexit92
2GN Member

Post by Notanexit92 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:38 pm

Is it dripping off the left corner of the Oil Pan? Mine is doing the same thing, i checked all hoses and I saw it coming out of a small hole in the Timing Belt Cover. Good thing I'm doing my timing belt and everything else down there soon.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:09 pm

For correctness, it should be the right side of the oil pan, if it is not running across to the transaxle side. Everything on cars is from the driver seat view. Just the way it was determined, long before we came along. I guess it just keeps it more consistent, no matter which side of the road you drive on. Left is left, and right is right, no matter which side the driver's seat is mounted. (Facing backwards doesn't count. I know you were thinking it.)
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Notanexit92
2GN Member

Post by Notanexit92 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:41 pm

^ You are correct! Sorry about that

LyricsNLines
2GN Member

Post by LyricsNLines » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:17 pm

don't forget to replace the timing belt tensioner; my was flexible by hand and also starting to leak oil

esfan
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by esfan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:27 am

When you replace the water pump, just replace everything that it is related to.

I used to have thermostat gasket leak, and it just stop leaking by itself. But I'm going to change the thermostat and gasket soon I guess.
Fan
2000 Dodge Neon ES
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #52

Return to “Engine”