Motor Mount Question

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons… just anything that is generally "engine" specific. This also includes questions about exhaust systems such as exhaust manifolds, piping size, mufflers, ect...
Taz
n00b

Motor Mount Question

Post by Taz » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:21 pm

Hey guys. I just bought this 01 R/T on the 6th. I finally had time to look for issues and fix them. Motor Mounts were shot so I replaced top and bottom. Trans mount was fine. The one that is a pain is that mid mount. The mount itself is fine. It's the bolt that is the issue. It's snapped in half and the piece is stuck in there. So I will have to get that sucker out tomorrow. Question is does Autoparts store carry these? Or is this a dealer bolt? It's a T-55 Torx bolt.

nerox
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by nerox » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:21 am

i would have thought its dealer specific, but any bolt of same length and thread would do the job, i would expect it would need the Torx fitting though due to accessability
Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon until it dies" Club Member UK#1

nicksdad06
2GN Member

Post by nicksdad06 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:24 pm

I have one laying around somewhere if u need it and around the MD area u can come pick up
dodge neon
Also known as a Piece-o-Shit, this car has to be the worst car ever made. Although it may look cool and have a great name, this car has many defects. Everything from gaping holes in the back floor panel, to missing interior, from failing clutches, to having the clear coat applied before the paint, this car takes the cake as the worlds worst idea of a car.

2005.Neon.SXT
2GN Member

Post by 2005.Neon.SXT » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:11 pm

I don't think it needs to be a torx. I remember changing that out when I did my timing belt. If it was a socket head, it should be fine.
Progress Log --- Life & Work > Car... :(

RayWolf
2GN Member

Post by RayWolf » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:05 pm

that whole plate the bolt is snapped in can be removed like your changing the timing belt.

I put in a grade 8 bolt in my center mount, I forget where i got it from.
Quotes to live by

"Try again, fail again. Fail better." Samuel Beckett

"The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you will see." Winston Churchill

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Albert Einstein

"Try not. Do or do not." Yoda

Taz
n00b

Post by Taz » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:16 pm

RayWolf wrote:that whole plate the bolt is snapped in can be removed like your changing the timing belt.

I put in a grade 8 bolt in my center mount, I forget where i got it from.
This is exactly what I did. Took off the plate then, went to Lowes to pick me up a Grade 8 Bolt. Worked like a charm. Thanks for the help fellas. Engine leveled out again :)

Return to “Engine”