Been out of the action for awhile and need guidance.

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons… just anything that is generally "engine" specific. This also includes questions about exhaust systems such as exhaust manifolds, piping size, mufflers, ect...
NeonOn19s
2GN Member

Been out of the action for awhile and need guidance.

Post by NeonOn19s » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:32 pm

So you might all remember my neon with the SRT4 turbo on the 2.0 SOHC. Well I haven't been driving it since it past inspection. I keep on getting that fking engine light.

I'm running S1 injectors, BEGI fuel reg, with no wideband right now.. Still on the narrow. I'm getting a wide, but still need to get the damn thing moving again.

I have these 3 codes:

P0172
P0442
P0456

I know the last two codes are similar, but I can't find any damaged areas. My next step is to lower the tank (which is a PIA) to see if anything is crimped etc.

Now I have adjusted my rising rate a few times to keep it around 50psi at the regulator. I'm wondering if I need to raise it or drop it. I just want to get the car back up and running so I can drive it again. I'm tired of seeing it in my garage collecting dust.

Any assistance would be great. If anyone is in Houston/ Spring, TX and wants a stab at it, by all means give me a shout.
| Nathan |

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon til it Dies" Club Member # 72
Semper Fi!!! USMC

C1DoG
2GN Member

Post by C1DoG » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:06 pm

I have been running the Evap system code for awhile now with no damage to the car. It is probably a really small hole in a hose.
Drove my neon until it was killed in a flood.

JeffM
2GN Member

Post by JeffM » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Have you replaced the hoses connected to the EVAP box? They can dry rot and leak even when they look perfectly normal. Those will almost always kick the EVAP codes on.

NeonOn19s
2GN Member

Post by NeonOn19s » Mon May 06, 2013 8:59 am

Ok thanks Guys. I will have some time this week and can get this hag in the air and get to work.
| Nathan |

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon til it Dies" Club Member # 72
Semper Fi!!! USMC

Return to “Engine”