Machine Shop wait time..

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons… just anything that is generally "engine" specific. This also includes questions about exhaust systems such as exhaust manifolds, piping size, mufflers, ect...
Null462
2GN Member

Machine Shop wait time..

Post by Null462 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:16 pm

Hey all.. I'm wondering what you think a reasonable amount of time to wait on a machine shop? I'm having the cylinders bored for oversized pistons, the head cut for oversized valves, full port and polish, head assembled and everything hot tanked..

I was told a few months tops with all the backlog. It's been about 9 months now and everytime I call there is an excuse and it's always "they're working on it now".

I'm considering showing up Friday and picking it up to go else where..

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:06 am

Um yeah, 9 months is a bit ridiculous. Sounds like one of those places that takes in more work than they can handle, and delivers on none of it.

Sadly, that describes way too many these days. A good shop will actually turn away work, instead of stringing people along. A month tops should be all you should have to wait. Excluding maybe the port and polish. But the block should have been finished, picked up and paid for long ago.
Bill
dblsg wrote:ya'll a bunch of post whores
epic

2001 Neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
Help support 2GN!

Null462
2GN Member

Post by Null462 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:00 am

That's what I've been thinking, thanks for your feedback.

I'm going to do a surprise stop in this Friday..

Return to “Engine”