r/t intake manifold actuator question?

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons… just anything that is generally "engine" specific. This also includes questions about exhaust systems such as exhaust manifolds, piping size, mufflers, ect...
04sxt2.0
2GN Member

r/t intake manifold actuator question?

Post by 04sxt2.0 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:15 pm

ive been doing alot of research on running an magnum intake manifold on a non magnum motor. among this research iv read someone was running the actuator off a vafc. can that be done on a non magnum motor just to operate the valves. and would it still need the wot switch. i know it would need to wiring and relays to power up and allow operation of the actuator. might have posted in the wrong spot sorry in advance.

04 SXT- daily driver
93 GSX-16g turbo,dsmlink v3, bored 0.40 over 2g maf, ported head. Toy

CAI, lorenzo 60mm throttle body, B&m short shifter, SRT exhaust, 32" glass pack.

upcoming mods, RT manifold, UDP, and ODP,

Donkeypuncher
2GN Member

Post by Donkeypuncher » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:29 pm

I don't see why not, the non-magnum should have all the same sensors that a vafc would run off of.

Dranz
2GN Member

Post by Dranz » Wed May 07, 2014 9:39 am

I really don't see the need for a WOT switch... The benefit of the secondary runners are under 3k and over 5k and most likely you wont ever hit 5k rpm unless you are at WOT.

The vafc is just a regular afc with a vtec activation added. So guess what? YOU'LL HAVE VTEC YO!!

04sxt2.0
2GN Member

Post by 04sxt2.0 » Fri May 09, 2014 3:48 pm

Lol. Another question will I need to o run a tach adaptor with running a vafc to control the opening of the butterfly valves? Or can it be wired in with the vafc and a relay? I've read the install how to a couple times over but can't get a deff answer on it.

04 SXT- daily driver
93 GSX-16g turbo,dsmlink v3, bored 0.40 over 2g maf, ported head. Toy

CAI, lorenzo 60mm throttle body, B&m short shifter, SRT exhaust, 32" glass pack.

upcoming mods, RT manifold, UDP, and ODP,

stdlystdmufn
2GN Member

Post by stdlystdmufn » Fri May 09, 2014 3:57 pm

It's probably cheaper to run a Harlan switch and a relay. There is a post in the how to section about running the mag with the vafc. I'm sure it will tell you if you need the tach adapter. I was told at one point you didn't need them for the safc but I installed the adapter with it anyway. All my info is from 2006 when I had a safc
in the middle of a DOHC and MTX swap and going with an ASP kit pwered by the S259 batmowheel

Return to “Engine”