ATX 3 & 1 do nothing

Questions about axles, transmissions, differentials, pretty much anything that connects the engine to the wheels, this is the place for those questions.
davethepear
n00b

ATX 3 & 1 do nothing

Post by davethepear » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:49 pm

I've searched and searched but found nothing relevant. I have an '05 SXT, 4 speed auto, 2L, recently acquired, has 150,000 miles afaik, I've replaced all 4 engine mounts, the LCA bushings, ball joints, struts, brake pads, rotors, shoes drums, and cv shafts... now for my question:

Shifting down to 1 or 3 is absolutely no different than in OD. It shifts as if it were in overdrive. There are no noticeable issues in the way it shifts, everything seems good, no slippage, fluid looks good. I've never had to deal with automatics so I don't know how they are in a Neon. I don't know if this was like this when I bought it, I only noticed it when I was trying to go slowly down my parent's wrecked AF driveway and it shifted anyway.

Anywho, is this "normal"?
Something I should be worried about?
or "meh, it works, drive it!"?

oh, and my reverse lights don't work... but the car still only starts in Neutral and Park.

I miss my last Neon with the 5 speed, but I cannot drive a manual anymore :(
'05 SXT, 4 speed auto, 2L, recently acquired, has 168,000 miles afaik. also have an' 04 with 118k. I have a problem...

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Re: ATX 3 & 1 do nothing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:56 am

since this post is from August of 2018, has there been any updates?
To me it sounds like a solenoid pack issue or your transmission is shot.....

Return to “Drivetrain”