"Budget rebuild" transmissions!! Group buy

Questions about axles, transmissions, differentials, pretty much anything that connects the engine to the wheels, this is the place for those questions.
chipdogg
2GN Member

"Budget rebuild" transmissions!! Group buy

Post by chipdogg » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:08 pm

I've decided to offer a lower-cost rebuild option. This has all the advantages of a fully rebuilt transmission at a junkyard transmission price! Since I've taken apart about 20 transmissions and have another 20-30 to get to, I have a large stockpile of good used parts that have lots of life left in them at a super low cost.

Some parts will be new (OEM only):
Differential pin and saver tabs
Differential bearings and races
Axle seals
Input shaft seal/bearing/snout
Shift shaft seals
Speedometer gear

Everything else will be "good used" and will be near-new spec. This includes all bearings, synchronizers, and shift forks.

If you want a different differential, that would have to be provided by you. I will be putting all of the remaining OBX's I have into fully rebuilt transmissions with welded/machined shift forks and the works and will keep 2-4 of those in stock for quicker turnaround in the future. The Budget Rebuilds I'll be stocking will all be basic non-HD transmissions with all stock components. Later this spring I'll have 8 total in stock at all times, 1 of each combination of FD, 5th gear, and bellhousing.

The case will be sandblasted and clear coated, they will all look close to this:

Both the input shaft and the output shaft will be micro polished on the bearing journals, and oil holes chamfered.

I'll have both 3.55 and 3.94 in stock, and cable or hydraulic bellhousings. They will all be non-HD. Gear ratios are:

1st: 3.54
2nd: 2.13
3rd: 1.36
4th: .97
5th: .81 or .72 will be available for each

Final price will be $550 shipped with rebuildable core provided. Core charge is $300. Buyer is responsible for shipping core to me.

Until April 1st, I will be offering a group buy. 0-4 transmissions will be $550 each, $250 core. 5-9 will be $500 each, $250 core. And 10+ will be $475 each, $200 core.

I have already gotten enough new parts from above list to do 10 transmissions, so there is no wait on parts.

They will be ready to ship Monday April 7th at the latest. I will ship them in the order I receive funds, and will make trips to FedEx on Friday afternoons with completed transmissions (so they would ship out the following Monday).

To place an order, specify what final drive, 5th gear, and bellhousing you want. (IE 3.94, .81, cable or 3.55, .72, hydraulic, etc.)

So instead of putting in a $150 unkown "low mileage" transmission in your car after doing diff pin/savers (~$20), axle seals (~$15), and input shaft seal (~$75), only to find out it grinds in 3rd, pops out of 5th, or rattles, save the hassle and frustration.

I also have this posted on the main .org page. Totals from this forum and that one are cumulative, so 3 from here and 7 from there equals 10 total.
COME TO MY NEXT NEON MEET!!!

April 6th, 2013

viewtopic.php?t=64866

Return to “Drivetrain”