02 sxt auto

Questions about axles, transmissions, differentials, pretty much anything that connects the engine to the wheels, this is the place for those questions.
Ramroid
2GN Member

02 sxt auto

Post by Ramroid » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:31 am

Something odd just happened. Started the car, let it warm up a little before i could go to the store. Put it into reverse, backed up, shifted into drive, wouldnt go into gear. Ok then, put it in pack, shifted back to drive, it went into gear(three point turn, so it did the same to reverse the next time). First time ive ever had an issue like this, input shaft being all dodge like and messing up? or could it be because it was 17 degrees outside? lol

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:35 am

Solenoid pack could be beginning to stick. The cold probably didn't help. Or the clutch pack piston seals are beginning to leak.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Ramroid
2GN Member

Post by Ramroid » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:48 am

occasional demons wrote:Solenoid pack could be beginning to stick. The cold probably didn't help. Or the clutch pack piston seals are beginning to leak.
In other words, get the black SRT on Craigslist i've been eye balling. Sounds good!

On a related note, didn't do it this morning when i ran to the store. Might be intermittent, hasn't happened before, so i'll keep note of it.

Ramroid
2GN Member

Post by Ramroid » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:31 am

Ok, it did it again this morning, then threw a CEL. ill scan it later

Return to “Drivetrain”