trans swap wiring

Questions about axles, transmissions, differentials, pretty much anything that connects the engine to the wheels, this is the place for those questions.
c987long
2GN Member

trans swap wiring

Post by c987long » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:20 am

hay everyone, its been awhile since I have been on here. I have somewhat of a unique swap that i am almost finished but have hit a wall. My donor is an 03 sxt automatic, i have used the body harness and the engine harness, it is a ngc 2.0 with a dohc head running an srt ecu and hp tuners. I am getting a good crank but no spark. I have a feeling that the neutral safety switch is to blame. I have had to momentarily jump the starter relay for it to crank. But I am still not getting any spark. For the time being I just want it to start like an automatic, just turn the key and go. I will be adding the clutch up/down switch later, I need to weld the bracket on my cable clutch pedals. I hope that someone here will be able to help me out. I would really like to get this finished.
2001 neon r/t sold
98 sport turbo- built motor 2.0 ngc DOHC, powered by srt ecu and hp tuners
esteinmaier wrote: We all know that an SRT4 wing is the Chuck Norris of car parts.
occasional demons wrote: Dude, your neon is all the sex you'll ever need!
:lol:

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:06 pm

Neutral safety should only affect the starter, not keep it from running when the starter relay is jumpered.

I just got a newer Dodge truck started for a co worker last Thursday, due to something not telling the PCM it was ready to crank. She thought her battery was dead, but everything worked but the starter. When she keyed on, everything clicked but the starter relay. I swapped relays, and still nothing. So I pulled the relay and popped the cover off, had her key on, and pushed the contacts together, and it fired right up.

Do you know if the ASD relay is pulling in? Is there voltage at the DG/OR wire for the coil and fuel injectors? Did you inadvertently plug the CPS wire into the coil, and vice versa?
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

c987long
2GN Member

Post by c987long » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:13 pm

No I made sure that the coil and crank were in the correct locations. I found the atx to mtx swap thread for the ngc system. I am going to try that and see where I land.
2001 neon r/t sold
esteinmaier wrote: We all know that an SRT4 wing is the Chuck Norris of car parts.

c987long
2GN Member

Post by c987long » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:52 pm

the swap thread solved my issue, now i just need to figure out why I cant get any spark. thanks again 2gn.org
2001 neon r/t sold

Return to “Drivetrain”