Need test car in IL - 2GN turbo kit

Have a question related to Turbos, Nitrous, Supercharging, ect... ask it here.
esteinmaier
Supporting Vendor

Post by esteinmaier » Sat May 10, 2008 11:38 am

The car will be running very soon. We ran into a couple tiny little snags, but we're trying to get them resolved ASAP. Our original plan was to have the car on the streets terrorizing muscle cars on Tuesday, but as you can imagine, when there's so many parts, there always quite a bit of revising to do. There's 2 problems we're trying to deal with. 1 is that our aluminum is coated, and welding it has become more challenging than originally anticipated. The other is that our local supplier has run out of a certain specific coupler that we need.
We're trying our hardest to get it driving this weekend, so expect to see some neat results soon.
ASP - First NGC SOHC in the 13s and the 12s. First SOHC neon over 500whp. First NGC Neon on MS.
Winston Churchill wrote:Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.

ThrIsNoSpork
2GN Member

Post by ThrIsNoSpork » Sat May 10, 2008 7:55 pm

YAAAAAAY!
RIP 2004 e-blue sxt
Totaled 9/18/2008

96 1gn coupe

srtminime
2GN Member

Post by srtminime » Sun May 11, 2008 6:10 pm

YAY! more pics! Where is MS located? stock location? Intercooler piping? I'm really looking forward to this kit...
'95 Sport Coupe "MiniMe" SCCA SMF Racer
'96 Red ACR Coupe - Endurance Racer in the making
2005 Black SXT MTX - Daily Driver "Rallycar"

esteinmaier
Supporting Vendor

Post by esteinmaier » Sun May 11, 2008 6:38 pm

In your own kit, you can put it wherever you like. In this one, the car's owner opted for the console install.

Intercooler piping is already shown in pictures.

I've been at this car since 9 this morning, and now I'm taking a short break. I'm going to go downstairs and start it here in a few moments after doing the once-over to make sure I haven't forgotten anything.
ASP - First NGC SOHC in the 13s and the 12s. First SOHC neon over 500whp. First NGC Neon on MS.
Winston Churchill wrote:Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.

krc21
2GN Member

Post by krc21 » Sun May 11, 2008 6:49 pm

wow i am so impressed. i really cant wait until these kits are forsale! i dont remember are they going to include megasquirt with them?

esteinmaier
Supporting Vendor

Post by esteinmaier » Sun May 11, 2008 11:13 pm

Well, the test car is on the road right now. Loosely tuned, but pulls pretty well. We'll do a little more work on it next weekend, but it's driving. Nice to finally have my garage back... heh

It will probably be at least 6 weeks before we have another kit in stock to ship, and then we'll be able to get them out as soon as orders come in.

Everyone, let's congratulate Adam on his new turbo neon!

LenAyala
2GN Member

Post by LenAyala » Sun May 11, 2008 11:27 pm

CONGRATS!!

Wish I could've been there for the initial startup. Glad to hear that Adam could drive it home tonight Erick.
Now I can't wait to see some timeslips from this car.

Let's get some more 2gn turbo Neons on the road! :thumbup:

ThrIsNoSpork
2GN Member

Post by ThrIsNoSpork » Mon May 12, 2008 12:34 am

*waits his turn in line*

do you accept payments?! lol.
RIP 2004 e-blue sxt
Totaled 9/18/2008

96 1gn coupe

LenAyala
2GN Member

Post by LenAyala » Mon May 12, 2008 12:54 am

ThrIsNoSpork wrote:*waits his turn in line*
do you accept payments?! lol.
I don't see a problem doing payments to the paypal account.
You still get your turbo kit after its fully paid, and we have it ready to ship once the last payment is complete.

ThrIsNoSpork
2GN Member

Post by ThrIsNoSpork » Mon May 12, 2008 1:06 am

ooh thats not a bad idea!

ill keep in touch.
RIP 2004 e-blue sxt
Totaled 9/18/2008

96 1gn coupe

hecrov
2GN Member

what include

Post by hecrov » Mon May 12, 2008 2:21 am

what will the kit include?

LenAyala
2GN Member

Re: what include

Post by LenAyala » Mon May 12, 2008 7:28 am

hecrov wrote:what will the kit include?
turbo stuff, of course.

no seriously, there'll be another thread for that, or you can PM esteinmaier. We're not vendors, and this isn't a real business. It's a hobby.

snufflucks
2GN Member

Re: what include

Post by snufflucks » Wed May 14, 2008 6:44 am

LenAyala wrote:We're not vendors, and this isn't a real business. It's a hobby.
For the price of the kits, you could just about call it a charity. Turbos for tots...
Wile E. Coyote inspired
2004 SXT
T3 Super 60
MS1 Ver.3

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Sat May 17, 2008 9:41 pm

Okay I just found this thread. SUPER PUMPED. Some questions...

So what I'm understanding is that soon enough you'll be building kits that
ship to our house for us to install?

Could we use a smaller intercooler? So it fits better?

Is my car having the magnum motor make any difference?

3K even?

Can I control how much boost I run? I don't need to be putting down 250whp all the time.. I'd be fine with even just 200WHP..
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun May 18, 2008 9:04 pm

esteinmaier wrote:Our kit works on a magnum. Just have to set the boost pressure a hair lower and retard timing just a little more. It's all in the tune, and we can give you hints on how to make sure you don't blow it up.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

ThrIsNoSpork
2GN Member

Post by ThrIsNoSpork » Thu May 22, 2008 1:50 am

i can haz updates?
RIP 2004 e-blue sxt
Totaled 9/18/2008

96 1gn coupe

GunmetalNeon
2GN Member

Post by GunmetalNeon » Thu May 22, 2008 2:00 am

Works amazing. I haven't had it to the track yet, but I'll definitely post some videos and whatnot. I've been busy putting on my BC coilovers, lip kit, suspension bushings, my exhaust, and all that jazz. I'll get a video of it running next week sometime. I just haven't had time.
538 whp @ 26psi (LOW BOOST)
SOHC Record holder

www.aspturbo.com

ThrIsNoSpork
2GN Member

Post by ThrIsNoSpork » Thu May 22, 2008 12:12 pm

awesome!

is this your daily driver?
RIP 2004 e-blue sxt
Totaled 9/18/2008

96 1gn coupe

GunmetalNeon
2GN Member

Post by GunmetalNeon » Thu May 22, 2008 1:26 pm

Yep daily driver after I get these parts on.
SOHC Record holder

www.aspturbo.com

krc21
2GN Member

Post by krc21 » Sun May 25, 2008 4:09 pm

ok when is this kit gonna be ready to purchase.. im sick of my slow ass car.. i got it looking good now i need speed.......

GunmetalNeon
2GN Member

Post by GunmetalNeon » Wed May 28, 2008 11:41 am

Also me and erick are getting close to finishing my fully build motor too so I'll also be getting some build motor times on this set up as well.
SOHC Record holder

www.aspturbo.com

TN.Frank
2GN Member

Post by TN.Frank » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:37 pm

glasswars wrote:Okay I just found this thread. SUPER PUMPED. Some questions...

So what I'm understanding is that soon enough you'll be building kits that
ship to our house for us to install?

Could we use a smaller intercooler? So it fits better?

Is my car having the magnum motor make any difference?

3K even?

Can I control how much boost I run? I don't need to be putting down 250whp all the time.. I'd be fine with even just 200WHP..

Same basic questons. I'd be happy with 200-225hp and it'd probably be a bit easier on the motor as well. How would this kit work with a Fidanza lighten flywheel and non-modular clutch kit? Also, wouldn't a LSD diff be pretty much required to transfer the power more efficently instead of just burning one tire to the ground on take off?

This just might be a viable alternitive to getting that SRT that I'd love to own and it'd be cheaper too. I'm keeping an eye on this thread.
?You know what the difference between me and you really is? You look out there and see a horde of evil, brain eating zombies. I look out there and see a target rich environment.?
-Dillis D. Freeman Jr. 11/2/2001

LenAyala
2GN Member

Post by LenAyala » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:52 pm

TN.Frank wrote: How would this kit work with a Fidanza lighten flywheel and non-modular clutch kit? Also, wouldn't a LSD diff be pretty much required to transfer the power more efficently instead of just burning one tire to the ground on take off?

This just might be a viable alternitive to getting that SRT that I'd love to own and it'd be cheaper too.
I'm not just being a smartass, so don't take this the wrong way.
The turbo kit doesn't care what kind of flywheel and clutch the crank is connected to. It still makes the same power. The light flywheel only makes a real performance difference with a N/A motor. The lsd isn't required. The car will still drive fine. It's just nicer to have an lsd. You make it sound like you'll be flooring the gas at every stoplight. If the car is well balanced, it will still drive fine under full throttle acceleration. Erick's car drives perfectly fine without an lsd. He managed to get a 1.7 sec. 60' time with an open diff. An lsd is always gonna be better, but you don't HAVE TO have one.

It's definitely less expensive to add a turbo to a base model Neon, but the SRT-4 has a lot of extra goodies that make it a nicer overall car. You could certainly make a faster, prettier, and more powerful Neon than a stock SRT-4 by adding a turbo kit. And the insurance will always be cheaper.
If I were going to mod a car, I would always choose the less expensive car. It doesn't make sense to me, to take a $24K SRT-4 and replace everything on it. I'd rather start out with an inexpensive used Neon.

TN.Frank
2GN Member

Post by TN.Frank » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:59 pm

I wouldn't necessarly be getting on it at EVERY stop light but it'd be nice to have an lsd for those times when I'd go to the "Test n' Tunes" at the local 1/8th just to have a bit better traction off of the line. Also, an lsd would probably help to stop toqure steer somewhat. I just figure it'd might help acceleration a bit to go with a lightened flywheel and with a non-modular clutch set-up I can replace worn clutch discs without having to spring for a totally new clutch kit.
Also, does the TB come with this kit, hope that's not a stupid question but the one in the pics didn't look like the stock plastic unit.
?You know what the difference between me and you really is? You look out there and see a horde of evil, brain eating zombies. I look out there and see a target rich environment.?
-Dillis D. Freeman Jr. 11/2/2001

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:18 pm

Modular clutches can have their advantages. Less down time for one. The flywheel should be resurfaced with a new clutch disk and possibly the pressure plate. This adds to down time. Altho it's not an issue unless it's your DD, and you don't have a spare car.
Edit: That'll learn ya to go and taste the poisonous fruit! :rofl:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

krc21
2GN Member

Post by krc21 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:48 pm

are you guys for sure getting kits in to ship out and i think something that maybe people want to know what will come with the kit..

LenAyala
2GN Member

Post by LenAyala » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:48 pm

krc21 wrote:are you guys for sure getting kits in to ship out and i think something that maybe people want to know what will come with the kit..
There's still testing going on with the 1st kit installed. Don't want to rush it. If you're antsy to get a kit on order, PM Esteinmaier about the price and what comes with the kit. I'm sure he'll start a new thread in the proper forum. This is not the place for that. This thread is only for the beta test unit and vehicle.

TN.Frank :
No, the kit won't come with a throttle body, lol. The TB on the test car fits the same as a stocker. There's no battery relocation kit either.

esteinmaier
Supporting Vendor

Post by esteinmaier » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:50 pm

There's still a couple small bugs here and there that are being completely resolved, but it's pretty much good to go. We just want to make sure we aren't revising any parts or plumbing before we start building kits to ship out.
There have already been a few revisions about how we're doing certain plumbing, etc. but don't worry. We will start a new thread for the kit once we're completely sure that the kit can be installed with as little hassle as possible.

Powehouse28
2GN Member

Post by Powehouse28 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:35 pm

Have you or can you tune it to run off of e85?
The PH Level is rising!

daaboots
2GN Member

Post by daaboots » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:57 am

Awesome job guys :thumbup:
2005 SX 2.0 - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2092484
Rear sway bar brackets on sale! - viewtopic.php?t=19840
My Feedback - viewtopic.php?t=10546

Return to “Forced Induction”