bolt size for asp manifold?

Have a question related to Turbos, Nitrous, Supercharging, ect... ask it here.
haseebgill12
2GN Member

bolt size for asp manifold?

Post by haseebgill12 » Sat May 10, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi guys, was wondering if anybody could tell me the correct bolt size to use with the asp manifold for the turbo to manifold flange. Also, the correct bolt size for the manifold to back of block holes would also be appreciated. Is there a particular type of bolt required for this application?

Normally I would search this trivial stuff myself, but have no time as I have been studying intensely for the past few weeks. Just thought I would take a moment whilst procrastinating to ask the forum.

Thanks
Haseeb

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Sat May 10, 2014 11:48 pm

Caraudioholic or hudson_neon should be able to help you out
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

stdlystdmufn
2GN Member

Post by stdlystdmufn » Wed May 14, 2014 10:10 am

I used the stud kit for the srt4 off of treadstone.com there were some issues but I think my fitment problem was due to the turbo and not the bolt kit itself
EDIT I also have a 2001 PT head I don't know if that makes a difference so obviously I am not using the sohc turbo manifold from ASP. There was a post about the correct sizes but I can't remember who or when. I think it was the member that had Elmo hanging out of a black neon for an avatar but not 100%
in the middle of a DOHC and MTX swap and going with an ASP kit pwered by the S259 batmowheel

stdlystdmufn
2GN Member

Post by stdlystdmufn » Wed May 14, 2014 5:52 pm

treadstone's website has all the information on this manifold and thread size is listed under the features if you look around that site you will find turbo manifold bolt kits for an srt-4 I'd imagine they work just fine.
in the middle of a DOHC and MTX swap and going with an ASP kit pwered by the S259 batmowheel

Hudson_Neon
2GN Member

Post by Hudson_Neon » Sat May 17, 2014 11:13 pm

i used M10 cap screws (allen wrench style) from the local hardware store (Home Depot). i do believe that the minor issues that i dealt with were fixed, but i have the first casting and had to kinda turn down the heads of a couple bolts. 1.5" sounds about right on the length... however metric threaded bolts are measured in mm, so whatever is close to 1.5". the bolts that hold the turbo to the manifold are bigger. i'm not really sure what size and i don't want to go through the process of taking one out. i made a mistake when installing mine. you should really use stainless bolts for that part. different metals heat and cool at different rates. that being said, i'm pretty sure that my bolts are locked in pretty tight.

Return to “Forced Induction”