Help please!

Have a question related to Turbos, Nitrous, Supercharging, ect... ask it here.
05MoparSRT4
2GN Member

Help please!

Post by 05MoparSRT4 » Tue May 13, 2014 6:16 pm

I am so confused guys it's not even funny. I am new to the tuning, performance world. Any help would be greatly appreciated with no dick comments please. Anyways some background information:

I bought my '05 SRT last year around this time. It had a catless downpipe with a mopar exhaust back, injen short air intake, turboxs blow off valve, AGP WGA, and a HBC manual boost controller on a stock turbo. A year later I bought myself a Diablo intune. I want to boost a little faster then what I was doing before (14 pounds) I was thinking 18/19 PSI. Which brings me up to my next few questions here.

I took my car to a local tuner seemed to be the popular guy around here and he told me to get a 3bar map and tip sensor a direct fit intercooler and 650cc injectors before the 91 octane tune (which is the only option the intune allows me to put on) otherwise it would hurt my engine. Can I leave the 91 tune on there safely without hurting stock internals and turbo?

3.) In the intune settings it allows me to control boost level, it gives me 1K-2K 3K-4K 4K-5K what does that mean and how do I adjust the different levels of boost?

4.) I removed my Manual boost controller. I took the hose that went from the WGA to the MBC and i set it back up to the turbo and now I won't boost past 10 PSI. It spikes to 10 PSI then it slowly drops. My boost gauge (oem) is not calibrated right either. It has -10 on the vacuum side when the car is off. So is my boost gauge not working and that is why it spikes to 10 then slowly drops or do I have a boost leak?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and explanations as well! As I am new to this all

Pimp_Daddy_Patty
2GN Member

Post by Pimp_Daddy_Patty » Tue May 20, 2014 5:58 am

Definitely get a new boost gauge before continuing.
'04 SX 2.0T 5 speed
'98 2.4 3 speed 50 trim drag car 12.1 1/4 mile
'94 Ranger 4.0 swap 5 speed (tow vehicle)

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Wed May 21, 2014 10:49 pm

Syked tuning is working on the OEM pcm's right now. The next best option until he is ready to go is the DiabloSport. They have preprogrammed software based on a stock SRT4 to increase performance. Beyond that you will have to wait for something to become more readily available that works
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #666
(she officially died in 2018 by being donated to a church...seriously)

Return to “Forced Induction”