turbo

Have a question related to Turbos, Nitrous, Supercharging, ect... ask it here.
blackout
n00b

turbo

Post by blackout » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:47 pm

im looking at a kit and it says it will run on stock motor and was told I could run factory injectors and fuel pump and it don't have to be tuned any truth behind this

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:30 pm

Sorry, I accidentally deleted your shout box question. I didn't realize i could do that. :oops:
X [Thu 22:41] quicksilvr: Some truth
X [Thu 22:41] quicksilvr: but not much at all
I doubt you can add 8 lbs of boost without at minimum having to adjust fuel pressure in relation to the boost level.

An N/A MAP sensor is only going to peg out at atmospheric (zero negative/zero positive) pressure. It only measures negative pressure to atmosphere. Anything above that, the PCM is flying blind.

Better to put a little more into it, so you can get the most out of it, without risking going lean.

You may get a better/faster answer by reading through the F.I. and Tuning/MS sections, as most of the folks that pioneered this stuff rarely visit or post anymore.
Last edited by occasional demons on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill
dblsg wrote:ya'll a bunch of post whores
Seriously people, this is 2019 not 1920.
Too much time spent here is a sign of a bad case of Ownaneonvirus.

2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
Help support 2GN!

blackout
n00b

turbo

Post by blackout » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:33 pm

So am,I,better off with turbo or,nos

blackout
n00b

turbo

Post by blackout » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:32 pm

ok guys I have talked to a dodge mechanic that deals with the performance end of it told him bout the turbo kit im looking at buying and it is a preset 8psi kit with everything down to oil lines and intercooler for my motor he said it is safe to put on my neon but if I want more then 8psi I have to upgrade computer and fuel system I need some more opinions before I buy the kit this wk pls give me opinions and suggestions pls

03_SXT
2GN Member

Post by 03_SXT » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:58 am

First, let's start with some basic information about your vehicle.

Model year, mileage, transmission type, and other pertinent information.

~Amit

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:01 pm

Basic fact is your computer is tuned for 0 psi. The engine can take the power you'll make but only if it is tuned for it.

To add onto what Amit asked:
What kit did you find? What do you plan on tuning with?

Nitrous is easy. You can run a 75 shot with a wet kit as long as you run 93 octane and don't hit the rev limiter with it. If you have a stock clutch it'll end up slipping eventually.
So many neons so little time.

Return to “Forced Induction”