turbo

Have a question related to Turbos, Nitrous, Supercharging, ect... ask it here.
blackout
n00b

turbo

Post by blackout » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:47 pm

im looking at a kit and it says it will run on stock motor and was told I could run factory injectors and fuel pump and it don't have to be tuned any truth behind this

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:30 pm

Sorry, I accidentally deleted your shout box question. I didn't realize i could do that. :oops:
X [Thu 22:41] quicksilvr: Some truth
X [Thu 22:41] quicksilvr: but not much at all
I doubt you can add 8 lbs of boost without at minimum having to adjust fuel pressure in relation to the boost level.

An N/A MAP sensor is only going to peg out at atmospheric (zero negative/zero positive) pressure. It only measures negative pressure to atmosphere. Anything above that, the PCM is flying blind.

Better to put a little more into it, so you can get the most out of it, without risking going lean.

You may get a better/faster answer by reading through the F.I. and Tuning/MS sections, as most of the folks that pioneered this stuff rarely visit or post anymore.
Last edited by occasional demons on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

blackout
n00b

turbo

Post by blackout » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:33 pm

So am,I,better off with turbo or,nos

blackout
n00b

turbo

Post by blackout » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:32 pm

ok guys I have talked to a dodge mechanic that deals with the performance end of it told him bout the turbo kit im looking at buying and it is a preset 8psi kit with everything down to oil lines and intercooler for my motor he said it is safe to put on my neon but if I want more then 8psi I have to upgrade computer and fuel system I need some more opinions before I buy the kit this wk pls give me opinions and suggestions pls

03_SXT
2GN Member

Post by 03_SXT » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:58 am

First, let's start with some basic information about your vehicle.

Model year, mileage, transmission type, and other pertinent information.

~Amit

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:01 pm

Basic fact is your computer is tuned for 0 psi. The engine can take the power you'll make but only if it is tuned for it.

To add onto what Amit asked:
What kit did you find? What do you plan on tuning with?

Nitrous is easy. You can run a 75 shot with a wet kit as long as you run 93 octane and don't hit the rev limiter with it. If you have a stock clutch it'll end up slipping eventually.

Return to “Forced Induction”