Turbo piping question????

Have a question related to Turbos, Nitrous, Supercharging, ect... ask it here.
evilneon02
2GN Member

Turbo piping question????

Post by evilneon02 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:13 pm

Hello I am running a 2.0 with a 2.4 srt4 head intake and full turbo set up with after market inner cooler. The problem i ran into is the piping I had mocked up some temp piping but i kept blowing them apart at 8psi. I bought the srt4 hot side pipe but come to realize after thinking about it 1. I have a long block not a short block and 2. I have a bracket/ brace That goes from the back of my motor to the tranny. I was just wondering if anyone had any pics showing me how I needed to run my piping. The temp pipe I had did a 90° off the turbo went across the back of the engine And dropped down on the passenger side just to go back across to the divers side and up to the front. This is just to much there has to be a better way. My other question is can I take the bracket/ brace off it doesn't look like it does anything. Please help need to get my neon back on the road. I am missing the boostlol. Sorry if this is a double post. And thanks for all the help.

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Re: Turbo piping question????

Post by Neon4Life » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:50 am

I recently did this. I had my hotside pipe 90 off the turbo over and next fit the cam gears and back down to the intercooler. Well in my attempt to clean up the engine bay I decided to run it under the engine like srt4 style. So I removed both the back engine to trans brace and the oil pan to trans brace.

Are they needed...? That's been debated tons of times on here over the past few years. I did my research and found out that plenty of people remove those 2 braces and never have issues.

Then I found people who wanted to argue that they are needed.

I did my own and removed both braces. It's the only way I got my current hotside pipe to run under my car in a neat compact way.

So do what you want but from what I found out you'll be fine if you remove said brace. I did. But do it at your own risk.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

evilneon02
2GN Member

Post by evilneon02 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:48 am

Any info would be helpful I really need to get it running the roads

evilneon02
2GN Member

Post by evilneon02 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:53 pm

Thanks for the reply