Air box mod/cold air/ram air ghetto *now with pics*

Have a question about how to make horsepower going the all motor route, here's where to ask it.
JeffM
2GN Member

Post by JeffM » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:30 pm

:| I think it's super ghetto looking...come at me. :|

You have a good template OP, but now I would look into improving the design; namely the duct tape. :lol: I'd paint that entire thing black and make sure you can't see it from any angle, because from what we're looking at, it's fugly. Needz moar hidden.

LowNSlow

Post by LowNSlow » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:10 pm

JeffM wrote::| I think it's super ghetto looking...come at me. :|

You have a good template OP, but now I would look into improving the design; namely the duct tape. :lol: I'd paint that entire thing black and make sure you can't see it from any angle, because from what we're looking at, it's fugly. Needz moar hidden.
Oh look, someone who doesn't like it but gave opinions/advice on what the OP could do to make it better.

:thumbup:
-John

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:34 pm

I think it's a good functioning prototype. Next step is to do it with fiberglass instead of duct tape.
So many neons so little time.

Yellow04r/t
2GN Member

Post by Yellow04r/t » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:32 pm

JeffM wrote::| I think it's super ghetto looking...come at me. :|

thank you haha!!! unless your under the car its next to impossible to see, and yes i know duct tape it works grat but it comes at an ugly price i recently under coated it so now its black and even harder to notice lol
2004 Solar Yellow Dodge Neon R/T
2007 Arctic Cat DVX400
1992 Ford F150

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Undercoating may help, but duct tape does have it's limitations. It will breakdown eventually, and fall apart.

What I did, before my ghetto IM revision, was similar, I used the foglight hole, and the splash guard concept of sealing the part between the inner liner and the bumper, so the air coming in the foglight hole went into the fender; so it was more or less helping to keep it cooler. I just used a blocker out of spray painted cardboard to fit the inner fender/fender/liner to keep it from blowing back out the rear of the fender. The oem hole for the airbox was about the only place it had to escape.

I just used the existing structure for the duct work. Just tweaked things a little is all. Not much to hide/worry about falling apart, under normal useage.

But all that went out with the oem front fascia.

Sort of a disclaimer, it does not hold up to full size ford hi-cube vans backing out infront ouf you. :lol:

I can't really say it helped much with power, but it was free, and I was bored.
Bill
dblsg wrote:ya'll a bunch of post whores
Seriously people, this is 2019 not 1920.
Too much time spent here is a sign of a bad case of Ownaneonvirus.

2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
Help support 2GN!

abarguy
2GN Member

Post by abarguy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:43 am

LOL! Rice?

You guys ever look at a classic 1968 Olds 442 with dual snorkel cold air? An awful lot like what you just made with flex line and ducting. And duct tape? Not rice but Nascar!
Tom OFlynn

3 x 1991 Spirit R/T's
2005 Sebring convertible
1969 Swinger 340
2003 Neon R/T Sedan
1998 Neon R/T Sedan

viewtopic.php?p=924682#924682

Return to “Naturally Aspirated”