wonder if it would work......

Have a question about how to make horsepower going the all motor route, here's where to ask it.
gearbanger4
2GN Member

wonder if it would work......

Post by gearbanger4 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:35 pm

I was just thinking about the ghetto blaster intake manifolds that can be made relatively easily and inexpensive, but I wonder if it could be taken a step further to create what might be dubbed a "ghetto blaster" ITB setup?

Obviously the only way to know is to try? And I would guess at some point maybe somebody has....

You could start with a plastic sohc intake and cut the runners just as you would a ghetto blaster, but instead use a long flat piece of plastic (1/2 inch?) that you would drill holes and mount 4 tb's on (abs? just as the ghetto blaster). plastic weld it to the runners, open up ports and bolt on the tb's.

You would have to make some sort of outside vac source for map sensor and necessary vac lines like a traditional ITB setups. Again, this is obviously ghetto, but would probably be way easier and cheaper to create if it would even function. maybe even just as a "template" for a nicer aluminum itb setup that one would build afterward.

I am just picturing this all in my head, but I could envision using 4 throttle cables somehow running to a single location where they could all open equally by the original throttle cable that runs to the pedal.....so you would have to make/modify cables also.

hmmm.....
2004 Dodge Neon SXT 5 speed - DD
2002 Dodge Neon ACR

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:45 pm

A common throttle shaft would be simpler.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

gearbanger4
2GN Member

Post by gearbanger4 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:40 pm

good point, thought about that as well.

sourcing or making a specific shaft that would work might be a little difficult, but I suppose so would trying to build a cable system to synchronize the opening of 4 tb's...
2004 Dodge Neon SXT 5 speed - DD
2002 Dodge Neon ACR

Return to “Naturally Aspirated”