2.0 DOHC build idea.

Have a question about how to make horsepower going the all motor route, here's where to ask it.
fargo59
2GN Member

Post by fargo59 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:27 pm

NickKo wrote:
fargo59 wrote:honestly i sort of set it aside for a bit. i have the block, and head, etc. was sourcing other stuff. but between drag racing the charger this fall (so close to 10's!) and coming close to buying a dart instead, i really didnt get anywhere on this.

kind of funny that tonight is the first night ive logged in here in a while.
10's in a Charger ?? :shock: It looks like you have accomplished something while you were away !! :D

As for myself - One of my 'project cars' (1998 Neon) sat in the backyard, for 3 (or was that 4?) years, before I finally got around to replacing the engine in the car.
Once I replaced the engine, it became a trouble-free 'daily driver'. It fired up and ran for the first time, in about 4 years !! Like it had never been down. :D

- Nick
lol, yeah my 2007 charger r/t is a wee bit more than 600 horsepower. its a blast to drive. 2 weeks ago i drove 500 miles down to atco NJ, raced for 2 days, drove in to philly for lunch with friends, and drove 500 miles home. no muss no fuss. its trapping at 124mph now, which tells me the 11.2 ET's will be much lower once i replace the driveshaft with something stronger so i can finally hard launch.

the neon has a few options. i noticed a local yard with an R/T neon in a you pick yard. i may just pick the top end off it and do it to the engine in my car as it is. or i may build my own 2.0 DOHC just so i can be difficult/original

NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by NickKo » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:15 pm

fargo59 wrote: the neon has a few options. i noticed a local yard with an R/T neon in a you pick yard. i may just pick the top end off it and do it to the engine in my car as it is. or i may build my own 2.0 DOHC just so i can be difficult/original
Whichever route you end up taking - I hope you end up 'recovering' that R/T cylinder head. :D We got to save those while we can still find them !!!

- Nick
-1998 2-dr SOHC MTX= 57mm TB; Maddog STS
-2000 Ply.LX w/MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; 2.5 exh.; 60mm T/B
-2001 ATX w/Syked PCM + Magnum header
-2001 ACR w/SRT T/B bored out to 55mm

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009

fargo59
2GN Member

Post by fargo59 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:28 pm

i'll do my best! im off to Philly for thanksgiving this week, but maybe next weekend i can get out and get it. if i can, i'll grab it no matter which way i go with my build.

akirony
2GN Member

Post by akirony » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:42 pm

That's great to hear. I was curious to see where your progress was since I was going that same direction. Kinda bored of the stock untuned 2.0L R/T. I got an 01 2.4l pt head with exhaust mani. I'm hard pressed on the intake aswell as getting the head decked for 10.0CR. Been sitting since labor day trying to gather parts and checking for updates.
Have car-have car problems. Have srt4-have speed problems

Return to “Naturally Aspirated”