Random posting

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Re: Random posting

Post by INVUJerry » Wed May 18, 2022 1:25 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 12:51 am
Glad that things are working out medically for the both of you!
Thanks! It's been a struggle, I started this process in January, but it's been worth it!
JeremyJ wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 2:05 pm
I was diagnosed with ADHD about three years ago (at the ripe old age of 37). The medication has been excellent with improving my focus and keeping me awake during work. My ADHD manifested in the form of super inattentiveness. I was always struggling to focus and be productive. I also wanted to sleep all the time. It was really frustrating.

I'm glad you got that figured out and are moving forward with your life. Sounds like you've been actively making a whole lot of improvements lately and that's super cool. I've been in a really similar space over the past year or so. I'm a better parent, employee, friend, and just a better person in general because of these efforts.
Yeah man, being inattentive and struggling to focus and weird exhaustion was annoying as fuck. I'm hoping this will be behind me permanently, because being able to get stuff done at work, or tell a story from front to start without as many side quest stories is really fucking rad lol.

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed May 18, 2022 1:54 pm

We're all falling apart medically. Love each and everyone one of you!

Remember when we were young on this forum *sigh*

Glad to see they caught your eye situation Gramps!

Jerry - I felt stupid for years not being able to say words correctly. I'd find myself combining two words together when talking, it was absolutely frustrating. ADHD meds have made a world of difference for me. I'm sure it will do the same for you buddy!
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun May 29, 2022 1:58 am

wow lots of adhd people on here. glad the meds help you guys.

when i was in kindergarten teacher told my mother that i needed to be put on retalin. Mother took me to the doctor and the doctor said the teacher was full of it and not to put me on it. he said it causes more harm than good. i am sure there are better meds out there for it now. only pills i take are an allergy pill and a multivitamin lol

08 Acura TL-S

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun May 29, 2022 9:28 pm

The only time I have difficulty with my thought process is when my potassium gets a little low. If I eat some bananas of take some OTC potassium I'm fine.

Of course if it gets too low or too high, your heart will simply stop.

I had a little trouble with it out of the blue a while ago where it kept dropping, then straightened out on it's own. But during that, I couldn't keep a good train of thought, it was difficult to focus, or figure stuff out that was normally second nature. I just happened to have routine bloodwork at the time, and they were freaking the Eff out becuse it was close to 3 and dropping.

Much below 3 and you basically just fall over/pass out over from low blood pressure. I was just a little scatterbrained, no dizziness etc.

Bloodwork would be something I would consider in addition to taking anything for ADHD. Because I would have sworn that's what I had. If it hadn't straightened out, and no bloodwork, but just put on ADHD meds, I may not be here typing.

But at least I know now if I seem to have a little trouble keeping my thoughts straight, a little potassium boost is all I need.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:18 am

I'll try getting a whole workup done, but I've had this thinking and memory issue for decades at this point lol.

Thankfully quitting drinking has lowered my blood pressure. It was 154/92 at some point back in January. Just got checked and it was 120/70. I've also dropped 30 pounds since February. Feeling pretty good about myself.

Was hammering away on the NYG and lost my clutch fork, and that delayed me for a day or two. Got one from Mario, and the day I went to put the transmission in the car, I found my old clutch fork. I had set it down on the trunk of the NYG in the garage, but was worried it was going to fall off when I jacked it up to pull the gas tank. I set it down somewhere and it disappeared. Then, it seemed like magic it reappeared on the engine I'm putting into the car. Honestly, it wasn't there because I looked, I had my wife and then even little Jerry help me look. Really really odd situation.

Anyway, looks like the engine/trans combo is ready to drop in the car. I just need to get the car on the ground and pushed halfway out of the garage so I can get it done.

Pizzacrust
n00b

Post by Pizzacrust » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:40 pm

I'm now having a hard time finding a body shop that do rust work. I found a shop 4 months ago and has now backed out of it. I also went to Maaco last Friday and they didn't want to deal with it either.

I'm going to contact some guys in Pittsburgh who specializes on rust work. I'm crossing my fingers.
2001 Dodge Neon R/T
2008 Volkswagen R32

Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:45 pm

I am now unemployed for the first time since 1999. My former supervisor yelled at me again for no reason yesterday so I walked out. I had just started my 19th year there in April.

Beware of clicking links on ZipRecuiter- I am now getting dozens of spam telephone calls daily due to having clicked on a possible job posting on ZipRecuiter.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:32 pm

Sorry to hear that David.

Body shops are mostly "Collision Centers" now. Rust repair is considered "Restoration" Collision Centers don't do restoration work. They only want to do a little straightening, and bolt parts on.

I had a tough time getting the rusted out floorboard/rust spots on the roof on my XJ Jeep repaired probably 10 years ago. Nobody wants to deal with rust repair, because they really can't promise it will last.

When I had my 2001 quoted to repair the rust on the rear quarters, they priced it at $3400 and wouldn't make any guarantee. It was more than the value of the car.

Unfortunately the way the neons (and most other cars) are made, once rust gets into the nooks and crannies, there is just no feasible way to stop it. It will just keep spreading, and eventually you'll just have to toss in the towel.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Pizzacrust
n00b

Post by Pizzacrust » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:59 pm

I"m sorry to hear what happened David. I hope that things work out eventually with employment.

Yeah it really sucks with the car because it runs fine. I wish I can just do the body work myself. I don't have a garage or the tools to do it. I have never done welding either. :(
2001 Dodge Neon R/T
2008 Volkswagen R32

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:08 pm

sorry to hear about your unemployment. must of been a breaking point when your boss yelled at you. non union company i take it? hopefully you have something lined or planning on a retirement. Not sure of your age. I know I don't want to be working after 65.

rust is stupid expensive to fix right. do you have the rear quarter panel rust? What people usually do is find a donor car with no rust and cut the huge panel off. Then cut yours off and weld the new one in. Depends on how much effort and money you want to put in it like what demons said. I got quoter at like $2200 back in 2013 on my 04. wasn't a guarantee either. nope not worth it!!

08 Acura TL-S

Midnight_Rider

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:48 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:08 pm
sorry to hear about your unemployment. must of been a breaking point when your boss yelled at you. non union company i take it? hopefully you have something lined or planning on a retirement. Not sure of your age. I know I don't want to be working after 65.
I had been treated poorly for several years there (imagine having a supervisor tell you that, in his opinion, "you think too much!"). I have always had trouble with illogical people and being yelled at yet again this past Monday was indeed the breaking point. No, not a union company and no, nothing lined up and I am too young (62) to retire. I had already been submitting job applications for several months and had already been to a few interviews (I had one this morning, as a matter of fact) so I am hoping to find another job soon.

Thanks everyone for your concerns. I really appreciate it.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:13 pm

Wow David that's super terrible to hear about your job, but I can understand not wanting to take it anymore and just deciding to leave. Nobody deserves to be treated poorly like that. Hopefully you land into something good here soon!

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:48 am

Plodding along with the neon some more. I'm going to slap some oil in it, put the axles in it and see if I can get it started this week. Wish me luck.

Midnight_Rider

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:25 am

We all have our fingers crossed, Jerry.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:15 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:25 am
We all have our fingers crossed, Jerry.
X2!
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:18 am

Picked up the wagon last week from getting some fab work done from my buddy Greg and remembered the belt tensioner bearing was squeaking, and the belt needed changed. Ran around grabbing some parts for that and the NYG last night. Replaced the belt and bearing on the wagon, and then on the NYG I replaced the bolts on the FMM, got it bolted up, adjusted the bobble strut so it would fit (it's a little off since I didn't weld it in the exact place it's supposed to be in). Also bought oil and a filter for the engine and some transmission fluid. Apparently Advance Auto stopped carrying Pennzoil Synchromesh so I had to go to Autozone for that. The lady at Autozone grabbed spark plugs for me, I asked for the Autolite's but she grabbed the NGK ones, probably for the better. Also I figured out what custom alt belt size I needed for my UDP and got that buttoned up. Need to get some IM bolts too.

Tonight I'm helping my buddy replace the shocks on his Jeep before I head home, so who knows what I'll accomplish today.

Return to “Off-Topic”